How may dose iodide in their sps tanks.

Title says it all. Since switching over to an sps-dominated tank, I have not dosed iodide. I am looking at the possibility that iodide enhances sps colouration. Can anyone comment on this.

I don't have any SPS corals but I have a lot of LPS and softies and I started using Iodine a few months ago....HUGE difference in the Corals! My Shrooms doubled in size in a week! If it works this good for other Corals, why not try it for SPS. JMO though, I don't know much about SPS Corals!
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

Hi Andy

From my experience it seem to improve some coral a bit. I have stop using it in the past for 6+ monthe and my coral was still growing well but it seem to be a bit beter with it (I use lugol not iodine)

Andy, I have been using Kent teck i Iodine in my tank- 30ml per week for about 6 monthes. I can't say i've really noticed a dramatic difference. My Xenia started pumping a little more precisely, but that's about it. I decided to start once I got my skimmer really producing well, since skimmers can remove a significant amount of iodine.
    Matt.

Old system torn down to make a playroom.. planning a 62x42x28 high

So I take it there was no visible improvement in sps colouration or health.

Well, in retrospect I could say that right around then is when my corals really started to take off...but I don't think I could really claim it was ONLY due to Iodine- if at all.....but I think I WILL continue to use it. there are too many factors- it was also right around when I started using rowaphos, AND shortly after my first round with the red bugs...so...I dunno!!
    how's that for a definitive answer!!
    Matt.

Old system torn down to make a playroom.. planning a 62x42x28 high

there is the thought that iodine act as a chelate,may not increase colour but may have other benefits.i use them in all my sps tanks,kent tech brand as its watered down and not easy to overdose.ive used the pure form for many years but got paranoid when i witnessed a tank wipeout or 2.Flavio