Angry Icecap Hits The Water

Well, heres a lesson for ya all. NEVER work on the tank when your sick. I have been off work today and part of yesterday due to a nasty cold so yesterday I decided to put my VHO ballast in my canopy. As groggy as I was it slipped out of my hands and fell to the bottom of my tank. It was unplugged of course but needless to say its back to headquarters for the ballast for repairs:bawling: what a brain dead moment!!!

Johnny, sorry to hear about your accident. Now might be the time for a double rum toddy and off to bed. That should help you feel better.
    180g with 2 x 54g corner bowfront bookends. 220 FOWLR in the works, 75g sump, 75g fuge, 75g QT.
    Solaris I4 72", 2 x 150 HQI Outer Orbit Pendants, Reeflo Orca 250, Profilux controller, Tunze 6101's and 6055's, Deltec CA Rx, PM Kalk Mixer, PM SR45 reactors.

Bummer Johnny .. Can you not just dry it out? Like if it wasn't plugged in what could happen other then getting wet? IF it was already submersed you might as well rinse it in fresh water and dry it out REAL GOOD and see what you got.
    Rob

why dont you clean it out with contact cleaner after you rinse it in fw..to remove any traces of salt...not that it matters but is it a 660 o r430?
    Derik...

I had my tank break and ballast was under cabinet and soaked. I told ice cap that it stopped working, and it was still under warranty, so they replaced it for free. Yes I know it's bad to lie, but I had no money to get it fixed. I heard them say it would have been $80us. Ouch

gools .. your was plugged in at the time .. right? Johnny's was not plugged in so IMO .. unless there's something i am missing about these ballasts. He should be able to dry it out.
    Rob

OSD, did that, I rinsed it right away and dry'd it with a hair dryer for half an hour. worked for 2 minutes. theres a lot of little sensitive electronics in there and thats all it took.

if youwould of cleaned it out with contact cleaner it would of gotten rid of all the moisture and you wouldnt of had any problems
    Derik...

quite possibly, but I had non at the time theres also those little transformers with all the wire wraps inside so I'm sure I couldn't even get all the moisture out of there even. but its going anyways and I hope its not $$$$$$$$

Is it warrantied?...I always have a little can of contact cleaner in the house...(brake cleaner fluid is the same and cheaper)....thats stuff is great cause it does remove all of the moisture..were water can get...that cleaner can get....and it dries out any moisture....Ive been stuck in the woods a few times in heavy rain and water getting into the wrong places in the helicopter..that stuff saved us from a sleep out in the open stars ehehehh
    Derik...