Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Micro-Bubbles

Micro-Bubbles

Anyone have any suggestions on gettting rid of these?, I tried the baffle thing, no good, there coming from the 1" flex pipe which comes straight down from my overflow which has a durso, the pipe is underwater 4" in the sump.

I tried placing a bucket in the sump with a couple of holes cut out on the bottom, still no good, now I'm thinking of trying a smaller bucket inside a larger bucket., I've also heard of a few people placing micron bags over there return to the sump which seems to work, but they cllog very quickly with the potential for a flood.

Would making a small hole in the pipe just above the water line help get rid of some of the air, anyone try this?

Thanks
    Bubble Man
    Wayner

i think TangMan has slits in his return, sort of what you are suggesting, and it seems to work for him. I'm sure you can find it if you check some posts from not to long ago, otherwise he will likely chime in here.
    Albert
    My Photos

How does your pipe enter the sump, i put a p trap on the end of my overflow (at the bottom of the sump) and brought a pipe back up to just above water level this has worked for me in both of my systems.I get a bit of froth on top of the water but no bubbles below. I wouldn't put a whole in the pipe. Ill post a pic if i have time.
    We need more Indians!

The pipe drops straight down from the overflow about 2.5 feet and is submerged 3-4" underwater in sump, I'd like to see a picture of what you did, these bubbles are driving me crazy, I'm starting to wonder if nothing can be done cause I have to much flow through the sump & not enough time for the bubbles to vanish, my sump is 3' long by 12" wide, the return is an external pump Gen X Mak4.

Thanks
    Wayner

I feel your pain Bubble Man.

They drive you around the bend, been there done that, hopefully I will get rid of them with a double bubble trap design for my new sump (essentially a box inside of a box) that in combination with a micron sock and a lot of baffles and Tang Mans approch cross my fingers works.

I thought I saw Steves pic there for a second.

I would like to see his approch to bubble trouble as well.

Lou

Lou:

Have you tried the micron sock yet?, like to know if that will do the trick, always something isn't there?, I finally get my pump nice and quiet and now this, I'm banging my head on the wall, good thing I'm wearing a helmet, back to looking at my big glass of enos.
    Wayner

you did ive spent the last hour trying to post it everytime i try to post a pic it takes 15mins and then comes back Cannot find server and posts maybe half a pic, ill keep trying.

Wayner if you feel you have too much flow thro the sump you could tee off the return line and redirect some water straight back to the sump via a ball valve.
    We need more Indians!

At LAST
    We need more Indians!

see what i mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We need more Indians!

It looks frothy but i have just fed the tank, it's only on the surface and usually its clear.
    We need more Indians!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast