Thread: kalk reactor

kalk reactor

Hey guys.

i'm thinking about adding a kalk reactor to my system and would like some advice on which model/make to add. I would like to use it to add the kalk along with the top off water which will be contained in a rubbermaid container (25g) below the sump. It will not be connected to a ro/di filter (until i move and get a well).
    I would also like to no the best way to connect it up (maybe a schematic) and what gadgets i will need to make it work i.e float switches pumps etc. I like low maintenance, reliabillity and value (ask my gf).
    At the moment i have a 90g display tank with a 65g sump (basement). i am currently struggling to get my Ca to 400 and i only have a 1/4 of the corals i want (all types)
    We need more Indians!

i use the Precision Marine Kalk reactor.
    You will need a float switch which will be placed in the sump, and a low level Maxi-Jet will be plugged into that switch. The MaxiJet will have the output reduced to RO Tubing which will go into the top of the reactor (essentially forcing water into the reactor when the float switch turns the pump on) you will have another piece of RO tubing going out of the reactor and into the sump. this will be where the water will come out of the reactor (from the pressure of the water being forced in) and into the sump.
    i hope this doesnt sound too confusing because it really is pretty simple, just confusing to describe.
    Albert
    My Photos

perfect thanks alrha, Has anyone been using one of harleys reactors, how well do they perform as opposed to a store bought one.
    We need more Indians!

well i guess i'll just get one and see for myself
    We need more Indians!

I have both a reactor and a skimmer from Harley....am very pleased with both...and you can't complain at the price either!!:biggrinbo
    180G SPS Reef - Reefkeeper 2 Controller, 30G Sump, 30G Refugium, Dart/4 way closed loop, Mak 4 return, PRS Skimmer w/MAK4 (soon to be PRS dual beckett with a MAK 5) & Auto Shutoff Waste Collector, AC Reactor w/MAG250 & Milwaukee CO2 Regulator, SMS125 pH/ORP Controller, PRS Kalk Reactor, Sun Aquatics MH lighting 4x250w 14K, 4 Giesemann 54W T5's 2 11000K Aquablue Plus & 2 Pure Actinic 03, 6 LEDmoonlights

75G Soft Reef - 1x250w SunAquatics MH 4x40w Actinic 4 LED moonlight

thanx quinster
    We need more Indians!