Outer Orbit HQI/T5 High output lighting fixture.

I have been doing some research on lighting awhile back and decided to go the lighting fixture way instead of building my own again. I decided on the Outer Orbit HQI/T5 High output 250 Watt 48" fixture. A friend of mine bought the HQI model without t5 supplement and was happy with it. I read some more on the fixtures and it was either to go with this or LED lighting. LED is sooooo expensive right now and the budget didn't fit it.
    So I ordered the light through one of out sponsors. :b3: When I received the light I just decided to leave it in the corner until I setup my new tank. After the sponsor told me to try the thing out, I decided to put it on my 55 gallon to see what it looked like. All I have to say is wow.
    The setup on this fixture is great. The ballast are seperate from the unit and don't create as much heat. The fans come on when the t5 is on and after 8 hours of being on, I was still able to touch the fixture. The fixture also has white and blue LEDs of nocturnal viewing.
    Now this fixture comes with two timers and legs for mounting on the tank. The fixture also comes with a hanging kit. Very nice brushed aluminum look with steel wiring. The one thing I was not expecting was that the hanging kit can make the light go up and down like a set of blinds. Pull on the wire and it can be set up at any level. This is nice so I don't have to hang the light out of the way to work on the tank.
    I have since taken the light off the 55 gallon tank until I get the new tank running.
    I highly recommend this fixture if you are considering some new lighting.
    http://www.current-usa.com/outerorbithqit5ho.html
    150 (reef) 56 (FOWLR)
    75 gal sump 25 gal refuge
    300lbs CaribSea Aragonite Reef Sand
    280 lbs of Assorted rock
    Tunze 9010 skimmer, Current USA 48" Fixture
    1 cleaner shrimp, pistol shrimp
    50 blue legged hermit, 15 nausaurus/astrea snails
    Yellow tang, 2 clowns, 1 blue chromis, 1 yellow watchman 1 corral beauty
    Colt coral, Frogspawn, Bubble, Donut coral, Mushrooms,Starburst green, Green and orange polyps an Umbrella coral, Purple Long Tentacle Anemone.

I just got the 2x150W version of the same fixture. I can't wait to have my 120g ready.

Quote Originally Posted by solowma View Post
    I have been doing some research on lighting awhile back and decided to go the lighting fixture way instead of building my own again. I decided on the Outer Orbit HQI/T5 High output 250 Watt 48" fixture. A friend of mine bought the HQI model without t5 supplement and was happy with it. I read some more on the fixtures and it was either to go with this or LED lighting. LED is sooooo expensive right now and the budget didn't fit it.
    So I ordered the light through one of out sponsors. :b3: When I received the light I just decided to leave it in the corner until I setup my new tank. After the sponsor told me to try the thing out, I decided to put it on my 55 gallon to see what it looked like. All I have to say is wow.
    The setup on this fixture is great. The ballast are seperate from the unit and don't create as much heat. The fans come on when the t5 is on and after 8 hours of being on, I was still able to touch the fixture. The fixture also has white and blue LEDs of nocturnal viewing.
    Now this fixture comes with two timers and legs for mounting on the tank. The fixture also comes with a hanging kit. Very nice brushed aluminum look with steel wiring. The one thing I was not expecting was that the hanging kit can make the light go up and down like a set of blinds. Pull on the wire and it can be set up at any level. This is nice so I don't have to hang the light out of the way to work on the tank.
    I have since taken the light off the 55 gallon tank until I get the new tank running.
    I highly recommend this fixture if you are considering some new lighting.
    http://www.current-usa.com/outerorbithqit5ho.html
    65g - 80lbs LR - 4x36" 39W T5 HOs (2x10000K,2xActinics) - CSS125 - 25g sump - Mag 7 return - Blueline SD-1100 Closed Loop with OM Squirt * 2x Amphiprion ocellaris - 1x Paracanthurus hepatus - 1x Zebrasoma flavescens
    29g - with stuff ;-)
    Coming Soon - 120g with more stuff