Thread: Help!!!!

Help!!!!

:help: topped up my tank this morning....... 10 min later my grape calurpa in my sump went crazy!!!! parts of it are lighter in color and started secreating green stuff!!!! my entire setup is super cloudy!!! fish are ok corals seem fine , but my water is dark green !!!! whats going on? unfortunatly i'll be at work untill 2:00am at least today so my wife will have to keep me updated . please help .......i'm terrified!!!!! :help:

It is probably going asexual. That is a form of its reproduction. Either way, we do not want it happening in our tanks. When it does this, it releases its nutrients that it has sucked up in short order... not good.

A Grape Caulerpa should be trimmed regularly to prevent it from becoming overgrown. When these plants reach maturity, they may attempt to reproduce sexually. Normally, the Grape Caulerpa will release a great deal of a green substance, and then, over the course of a few days, it will turn white and die. This is not only a nuisance, but it can also harm other organisms living in the same aquarium as the Caulerpa.

Hopefully your skimmer will help reduce the added bio-load. I would also buy/borrow a UV sterilizer to help destroy the suspended matter.

thanks for all the help everyone , tim