Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

In the days of CLEAN

This is the 1st salt tank I owned. It was set up in the summer of 1983. As you can see .. Things have changed a lot. Back then CLEAN was all that counted.
    Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails In the days of CLEAN-salt-tank.jpg  

Agreed..

My First tank.. when Live rock was decoration.. and Big Powerfilters where the way of the time

This look like in around when the wet / dry filters with the DLS rolls started turning up in the big retail outlets. How many of those plastic boxes I built I don't even know.

Yup...

I got sucked into the Big deals.. at Big als.. Paid somthing like $500 for a filter system from them... Man i kick myself now!

I wish I had pics of some of my first tanks...

Remember when undergravel filters were a must. Powerheads on each stem. Tank full of heaters, cartridge filters, and clean white dead corals that had to be scrubbed weekly to look good.

My how we have come a long way.

The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

Wow Robert, that picture brings back a lot of memories. I had tanks that looked like that also. You know, white still looks nice, but we all know live rock is best for us now. Purple's kinda cool too!

Sorry to hear you paid that much toooloud. Back then I was building them. 2 units every friday evening after work and selling them saturday mornings at the smaller shops for 200 .. cash. That was how i paid for my activities in the hobbie.

reminds me back of my 20L tank in my HS days ('90s). Back when having dead coral skeletons was my idea of beauty. if i say a dead coral skeleton in my tank now, it would be a thing of shame (and remind me that i should stop buying corals that i cant keep alive). - come to think of it, it's probably cheaper to buy them dead than to buy live and watch them die - he he, just kidding, i dont do that.
    Albert
    My Photos

Robert, i'm still looking for a way to pay for my hobbie!
    Albert
    My Photos

hey .. do any of you keep logs on your tank activites? i alway do and find then very handy when things CHANGE in the tank. Helps me discover what went wrong or in most cases .. thank god .. what went right

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast