Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

75 gallon SPS tank

Here are a few pictures of my tank, using xm15k so the outcome with my crappy camera is prety bad but, im just going to stick in a yellower bulb and see whats its like, maybe post some better pics later..

Im upgrading to a 200 ish gallons soon and I plan to keep my rock the same and leave room all arround for coral growth and fish..

Hope you like em.
    PLEASE SEND ALL ACROPORA FRAGS TO THE REEFSURFER

I like the brighter look of these. Way more growth too.

Couple more under venture 5 K. Not to sure what bulb to go for yet on the new set up but it will be a 10k most likely.

Also running 3 actinicVHO tubes and 1 actinic whiteVHO running on icecap ballast.

The 5 k looks to me like the shallow reefs, I like the brightness but I think 10k might collor up corals nicer(more blues etc.)

The XM15K bulb ive been using lately isnt to my taste. For the first time I tried a bluer bulb, I going back to more "sunlight", more brightness, I find the 15K's weak...

This link may help you with your decision on which lamp to go with: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...hreadid=254667

Notice the PAR output of the lamps too. I chose the XM 10K because of the high PAR, and let me say, they are BRIGHT. I prefer the colour of the ARC 14K I had previously, but I am getting more growth with the XM 10K lamps.

There are detailed spectral plots available for most lamps here: http://www.reeflightinginfo.arvixe.com/

To be honest, I have trouble making sense of the data though.

HALELOUYA!! HAAAAALELOUYA!! Finally!! The long wait is over!! I finally get to see what this tank looks like. LOL your tank looks great! Looks like all the corals made it. I have to come over and get some pics of your tank for you bro!

I found one thing really funny; we both have the same taste in fish and corals. I recently got 4 lyretail Anthias 3 female 1 male and 4 green chromis and as you know I have a clown tang as well.

I used to like the 20k Radiumís as well until switched to XM10Kís and now IMHO nothing even comes close to the XM10kís. It looks nice to the eye and gives SPS great growth and coloration. Canít beat these bulbs IMO
    225g SSB display, World Fish Custom Sump/Fuge/Filter, H&S A250-2X1260, h&S sulphur reactor, Reeflo Dart 3600g return on a wavy sea plus, 4X Tunze 6101, Deltec PF600, Octopus 3000, Aquazone Ozone 100,
    Lights: 2X250W 10K XMís, 1X400W10K XM, 6XT5s Al lights controlled by AC Jr.

Looks VERY nice! How do you like the BB? Any problems with stuff collecting under the rocks?

Thanks for the links Rob. Im familiar with Sanjays studies. THough Ive checked it out in the past there might be new bulbs added to the study. From what Ive read Iwasaki has come out with a 175W 15K bulb that pushes out realy good PAR, I want to check this out as I realy like Iwasaki (used a 6500K bulb by them when I started reefing, good bulbs but too yellow). Or maybe the XM 10K...

TONY!! Thanks very much for the compliments. Yes I know my pics a quite harsh!! A good buddy of mine is comming over today, hes got a decent camera so I will post more today, hopefully even get some decent close ups. Well see how those turn out, but you can come and check it out anytime, then for sure Ill get some good pics going!!!

Surely your enjoying your lyretails, theyre awesome fish. I love my bellus too, shes quite the assertive female. Dominates the tank and is a beautifull fish. My clown tang is now eating nori a bit but spends most of his time picking at the rocks or swimming arround aimlessly, I dont know if hes going to make it. Ive had REALY bad luck with fish Ive baught at reefsolution. I paid 40$ for a clown tang which is a great price, but the fish dont live. Out of the 3 fish Ive ever baught from there 2 of them died within a week, and the third one is my clown tang and hes been in my tank for about a week and if he keeps getting skinny like this I give him 2 more days, hopefully things turn arround for him. I love clown tangs, didnt think they were finnicky, all my other fish are thriving. Maybe its just bad luck..

Dark! Thank! I like the BB. I wish I could show you a close up of the nice coraline thats starting to cover the bottom, beats anything IMO. As for accumulation, well, I have a seio 1100 pointed at the bottom in the center back that takes care of all the detritus under the rocks, as you might be able to see in the pics, theres barely any rock touching the bottom so all the crap gets pushed toward the front. There a 2 little spots where things get accumulated, all I do is change the dirrection of the 1100 and it takes care of those 2 little piles. Idealy an other PH pointed at the bottom would take care of that. But due to heat issues I cant add an other PH in my tank. I also have a 2600 in the bottom back right side pointed towards the top, and a 1500 at the bottom back left pointed at the top, so theres REALY intence turbulance at the top of the water. Alltogether including return I have 76x turn over in my tank so most crap is in the water column or in my skimmer.

Why is it that I cant see any pictures ?

Quote Originally Posted by mrpenguin View Post
    Why is it that I cant see any pictures ?
    because the thread starter has moved his pics from where they were stored online. :b8:
    `

120S RR tank with 60G basement sump / fuge

Return Pump: Little Giant 4-MDQX SC
    Water Movement: MP40W, Seio 1500, (2) Hydor K4's
    Lighting: 400W SE MH with 10K Venture
    Skimmer: Euro-Reef RS250 with gate valve
    Other: RODI, RDSB, PO4/AC reactor

My Gallery

Funny just looking through archives here and stumbled upon this. You know ive always just saved my pics right on Aquaria and this thread was started arround a time where there was a hack with the site and it seems stuff was deleted?..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast