Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Nobez 125 Gallon Reef System

Hello all, it has been awhile since I have posted but we just moved and we have been doing a lot of work getting the house fixed up. We did manage to make room for a new in wall tank.

Below is a picture of the tank as it is today. We have not been able to get everything that we need to get it going yet but it will be soon. I am going to paint the back of the tank black or blue not really sure yet, but what I would like to know is what type of paint should I use to do it.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks
    Scott

Looks great Nobez!

I've always used Tremclad without any problems. I've painted tanks light blue, dark blue and black. The black to me looked the best.

Good luck and keep the updates coming!

Use car window tint, faster to apply and you can still see inside the tank from behind.

Your tank looks awsome!

I like the idea of window tint but is there any problem with salt creap getting between the tint and glass?

None at all on my tank. Its a tight seal after drying. You can then use a Magfloat to clean the back glass without ripping the tint off.

Cool! Good to know.

Great, thanks for the info. I was told that tint would work well, but I am just worried that it will look like one of those bad tint jobs on a car when some one tries to do it themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobez View Post
    Great, thanks for the info. I was told that tint would work well, but I am just worried that it will look like one of those bad tint jobs on a car when some one tries to do it themselves.
    Yes, where half the tint is pressed against the glass, mixed perfectly with hundreds of big air pockets.
    120g AGA~145 lbs Haitian LR~DA Reef Keeper 2 Controller~Dual 14k 250 DE MH's~Dual Overflows~Dual 250w Jager Heaters~Dual 96W Actinics~30g Sump/Refugium~Mag 12 Return~140 lbs Reefgrade Caribsea Aragonite~BubbleKing 180 Skimmer~Phosban Reactor~GEO Kalk Reactor~Powerheads:MP40w/Seio 820/modified Powersweep 270 with Hydor rotating deflector~Digital lighting timer for moon/fuge lighting~7 stage RODI filtration~Quarantine: modified 12.5g Marineland Eclipse

If you use a squeegee, its just like adding a film of glass. Crappy pic I took this am.

Yeah, I have heard that if you use the sqeegee and some soap and water it goes on ok, but I have to get it around the four bulkheads and I just think that I would really mess that up, so I figured that painting would be easier.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast