Arrow Reefgeek 110's tank

After being a member here for the better part of a year I decided that I would introduce my tank to everyone.

*this is where you would see a preview pic but I can't seem to get it working so...

Gallery with all the pics...http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/d.../Tank%20Intro/

Let me know what you think and ask questions, thanks ahead of time for any replies. Mike

Here are the specs for those that need to know:
    110 gallon display drilled at back
    30 gallon tank DIY'd into a sump
    30 gallon gravity fed refugium
    DIY 2x4 stand faced with pine

Livestock

40lbs of live rock and 100 lbs or so of seeded lace rock
    SPSs, LPSs, softies, clams, and sponges
    1 longnose hawkfish (never try to keep Bangai Cardinals with these guys!)
    1 sailfin tang
    1 yellow tang
    1 kole tang
    1 clown tang (in refugium while kole tang settles in)
    1 six line wrasse
    2 pink skunk clowns paired up but yet to spawn
    1 blue damsel thats too fast to catch
    10 Margaritta snails, 10 hermits, 6 brittle / serpent stars, and a multitude of baby ? snails
    pods pods pods and pods

Equipment

720 watts 2x 250 15k XM HQI powerd by PFO and 4 x 65 PC actinics
    120 watts PC 2x 65 on refugium
    Coralife 265gallon super skimmer
    Coralife calcium reactor (avoid at all costs, they tend to leak)
    Pan world return pump
    Aqua medic temp controller
    Milwakee pH controller (calcium reactor)
    Tunze nano x2, Korralia x1, upgraded maxi jet x1
    Red sea wavemaker
    2x phosban reators
    Filter socks
    my patience
    That's it for now, keep reef'n

My Tank

i fixed your pic link ( you had {URL} tags instead of {IMG} )

i use PB too, there is a couple of really easy ways to post pics from there ( probably more but these are what i use ).

1) left click on the data next to 'IMG code' and it will automatically be copied, then just paste it in the message.

2) left click on the data next to 'Direct Link' and use the 'insert image' button found on the right side of the tool bar right above the editor window, then paste the info there.

the clown tang is going to be pretty aggressive and will grow pretty large, ( the sailfin will get large too ) up to about 1' in length.

the tank looks awesome, how old is your system?? how do you like having it in your bedroom?, i used to think the noise would drive me crazy but now i feel better when i can hear the water.
    `

120S RR tank with 60G basement sump / fuge

Return Pump: Little Giant 4-MDQX SC
    Water Movement: MP40W, Seio 1500, (2) Hydor K4's
    Lighting: 400W SE MH with 10K Venture
    Skimmer: Euro-Reef RS250 with gate valve
    Other: RODI, RDSB, PO4/AC reactor

My Gallery

liv
    cool setup !!
    the kole and the clown in my tank are best buddies.
    those are some of my favorites.. just awesome personality!
    Love those sun polyps on the bottom!

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

a4twenty,

First let me thank you for fixing up the image for me, I was getting quite confused.

In response to your questions/comments: The system has only been running in this tank for about 8 months now, coming from a 40 gallon that was running for two years or so. Most of the live stock was purchased as frags or freebies from various people / liverock surprises / NAFB so there's not much in terms of size but everythings been growing quite rapidly in coral terms. I do
    realize that the two tangs are going to get too big for my tank (thats what the classifieds here are for right), right now though they are nicely sized at 2-3 inches or so. I'm hoping to pacify the clown tang by keeping him in isolation for a bit (been about a month now) and then reintroducing him as the last fish (if not then he may end up in the classifieds sooner than expected).

I feel the same way that you do about the tank in the bedroom, I find the sound of running water to be very calming at night (not to mention the sight when the moonlights are on).

I would like to know though if theres any one else here that likes to keep their substrate covered in debris like I do? In my opinion it makes the substrate more interesting to look at and gives the fish/hermits/stars something to sort through looking for pods which I find amusing.

Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    cool setup !!
    the kole and the clown in my tank are best buddies.
    those are some of my favorites.. just awesome personality!
    Love those sun polyps on the bottom!
    Thanks Liv, funny thing is the Kole and Clown are the two I had troubles with which is why I removed the clown for the time being. Now that the Kole has his blades (they weren't noticable until yesterday, do they grow in or are my observations way off?) I'm sure the clown will respect him a bit more though.
    The sun polyps have been a challenge to feed with one heck of a gluttonous sailfin tang who thinks of it as an all you can eat breakfast bar.

My Tank

The tank is looking good.
    Rob
    -----
    Upgrade in the works! Keep looking for an update.

Quote Originally Posted by reefgeek110 View Post
    I would like to know though if theres any one else here that likes to keep their substrate covered in debris like I do? In my opinion it makes the substrate more interesting to look at and gives the fish/hermits/stars something to sort through looking for pods which I find amusing.

i don't know about covered in debris but i do keep lots of extra shells for my hermits to go shopping. they are a great playground for pods and worms too:b2:
    `

120S RR tank with 60G basement sump / fuge

Return Pump: Little Giant 4-MDQX SC
    Water Movement: MP40W, Seio 1500, (2) Hydor K4's
    Lighting: 400W SE MH with 10K Venture
    Skimmer: Euro-Reef RS250 with gate valve
    Other: RODI, RDSB, PO4/AC reactor

My Gallery

Lookin sweet!

Just a quick update, the clown tang is back in the main display and so far seems to be leaving everyone alone. Better yet the other tangs don't seem to care much that he is in there. Actually I haven't seen him in a few hours...arghh where are you you little bugger? I'm sure he'll pop out sometime tonight once he settles ... I hope. And I'm currently watching a hermit size up a new shell which happens to have a few small purple shrooms growing on it, would be neat to see my coral walking around the tank. Now if only I can convince him to take the shell covered in green star polyps.

My Tank

Great set up. I plan on having a yellow-eye Kole in my tank and have been wondering what other than to put with him. Most people suggest a yellow tang, but I'd rather something a bit more exotic.

Also, I have the exact same Amy Lee poster behind my freshwater tank ... strange lol