Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my 46g reef!

my 46g reef!

Heres a few pics of my 46g reef, started last november. It was my first tank ever, and although its been a learning experience, I feel I'm finally starting to win the battle!

ijo
    Looking good!!! you have some great coraline growth in there... are you dosing anything to help with the growth?

IJO

Coraline

I use C-balance two part in both my tanks. Other than that, I went through a bottle of purple up and the start, as I had zero coraline. It seemed to kick start things, but once the bottle was done, I haven't used any since

great looking tank indeed! though a tip, you may want to take controll over the anthelia before it takes over your tank, its more or less a very agressive grower.
    75G Starphire 24X30x24 Coast to Coast Overflow

Return Pump: T4 Velocity (1255 Gph)
    Water Movement: 2 x Tunze 1045ís on a wave function from my reefkeeper 2
    Lighting: Giesemann Infinity 250w HQI 14k + 4x24w T5 Actinics
    Skimmer: Bubble King 180 Mini
    Calcium: Dual Chamber reactor with dosing pimp and Milwakee PH control

Ozone: Red Sea Aquazone plus 100mg
    Cooling: 1/10hp Pacific Coast Chiller
    Other: ATO, RODI, Phosban

anthelia

I know, I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of it completely without hurting my other corals

thanks for sharing, it's so rewarding when we get to this stage, your tank looks great :b15:
    `

120S RR tank with 60G basement sump / fuge

Return Pump: Little Giant 4-MDQX SC
    Water Movement: MP40W, Seio 1500, (2) Hydor K4's
    Lighting: 400W SE MH with 10K Venture
    Skimmer: Euro-Reef RS250 with gate valve
    Other: RODI, RDSB, PO4/AC reactor

My Gallery

I picked up a few new goodies yesterday!

I was down in TO and stopped by ORG for the first time. Nothing else was open, or I would have hit up more. I really wanted to go to NAFB, but he wouldn't keep open long enough for me to hit it, kind of a bummer after driving 5 hours just to buy livestock.
    Anyways, I picked up a black/white occelaris. This was a coin toss, as I am trying to pair him up with my already established orange occelaris, who became a widow about 4 mths ago. I dropped the new guy in last night at around 2am, and he went straight for the other one. they sniffed each other our for a few minutes and curled up together in the anthelia for the rest of the night. Unfortunately, the orange one started chasing the black one out of the anthelia this morning, so I guess we'll see.....
    I also got a blue carpet anemone that the black guy was hosting in. I couldn't resist.....even though I had a sebae that almost wiped out my tank a few months back. My water is alot better now, an he's already found a nice crevasse right in the center of my rock, so lets hope.
    Picked up a star and a crocea clam at the big als right next door. Their reputation scares me a bit, but I've been trying to find a crocea for about 3 mths now, and nothing else was open, so I'm taking a chance. Looks very healthy and colourful though, and has opened up about halfway already.

Anyways, I'll post pics tonight when the lights are on

2frosty4u
    Quote Originally Posted by msobon View Post
    great looking tank indeed! though a tip, you may want to take controll over the anthelia before it takes over your tank, its more or less a very agressive grower.
    I agree on both counts. Great looking tank and I wish I never introduced the anthelia to my 120g. Its a pain to get rid of.

looking forward to the pics :b7:

sounds like you had quite a little trip. i love that cylinder tank at BA's Oakville, i want one so bad, more than a cube!!
    `

120S RR tank with 60G basement sump / fuge

Return Pump: Little Giant 4-MDQX SC
    Water Movement: MP40W, Seio 1500, (2) Hydor K4's
    Lighting: 400W SE MH with 10K Venture
    Skimmer: Euro-Reef RS250 with gate valve
    Other: RODI, RDSB, PO4/AC reactor

My Gallery

Pics as promised!

Heres some pics I took this afternoon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast