new salt water 10 gallon tank

hey, this is my first post here. i'm going to be starting my first salt water tank in my 10 gallon around christmas. i'm getting all it needs, like live rock, sand, salt, etc. at an aquarium (eddys aquarium) by me. they have a beautiful set up there with 2 clown fish in their tank. I know having 2 clowns is a popular choice. I'm just wondering what other fish options i have. i love the clown fish, but i want to keep my options opened. i also plan on getting some hermies, shrimp and snails.
    thanks!:b2:

ijo
    Welcome to Aquaria Canada!!!

I would not go over 2 small fish in a tank that size... other fish options would be gobies, chromis, firefish. Take your time and ask lot of questions.

IJO

Welcome xstarlesseyess

Have you decided on what equipment to use? eg: heating, flow, lighting and filtration etc..?
    Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated!

to Aquaria Canada

to be honest i wouldn't even put a pair of clowns in a 10G, like IJO said take a look at some small gobies and firefish. they are very colourful and have great personalities :b15:

also why a 10G? a lot of people think going small is easier but the truth is these really small tanks are a lot harder to keep balanced and stable. you may want to consider a 20G - 30G then you could keep a pair of clowns too. just something to think about.

most importantly, do lots of research and ask a lot of questions, we have a good group of people here that like to help, though we do ask for a lot of photos :b2:
    `

120S RR tank with 60G basement sump / fuge

Return Pump: Little Giant 4-MDQX SC
    Water Movement: MP40W, Seio 1500, (2) Hydor K4's
    Lighting: 400W SE MH with 10K Venture
    Skimmer: Euro-Reef RS250 with gate valve
    Other: RODI, RDSB, PO4/AC reactor

My Gallery

i'm not exactly sure of the actual filter name that i have, but the guy at the store told me it had exactly what i needed for the sponge to put in it and the filter pads (obviously). they have a setup in the store that has the ten gallon with fish and everything it needs for a special price and its cheaper then buying everything seperately. it does have a strong light in it, im not sure how strong but im doing the extra 25 dollars for a stronger, better light. and it has a heather on the side.
    i only have a ten gallon because i have no room right now for a big one! im only 20, and live at home. i might be going away to college next year and my parents woldn't wanna take care of a huge one. the only place i can put my tank is on my dresser and it fits perfectly with my beta's 2.5 gallon. but when i live on my own,i plan on getting a bigger one.

with a 10G you will need to watch the water level in the tank. as water evaporates the SG will start to go up, so adding new RODI ( or just RO for a FOWLR ) will need to be done daily, if not twice a day. same goes for trace elements, they will get depleted faster and need to be replenished carefully as to not shock the inhabitants.

enough of the warnings :b16:, so other than a couple small fish and inverts, were you thinking of keeping corals? if so what type??
    `

120S RR tank with 60G basement sump / fuge

Return Pump: Little Giant 4-MDQX SC
    Water Movement: MP40W, Seio 1500, (2) Hydor K4's
    Lighting: 400W SE MH with 10K Venture
    Skimmer: Euro-Reef RS250 with gate valve
    Other: RODI, RDSB, PO4/AC reactor

My Gallery