Thread: Sps Nano....

Talking Sps Nano....

Well lets start from the beginning..

I upgraded the lights on my 100 gallon tank to 250 watt halides ( x2 ), So i was left with the single 175 watt i was running so i decided to create a Frag tank for sps..

A place that i can take small frags of whats in my main tank and let them grow out.. and frag them off to trade for new goodies for my main tanks ( 100 Gallon SPS and LPS tank , And our 90 Gallon LPS and Softy tank )

"The Plan"

Going to dill out my 15 Gallon tank, and run a 10 gallon sump.. Running a 300 GPH Submersible little giant as the return pump.. Run a 1 inch Crushed coral substrate ( Just because i can run a higher water flow) Hoping to build a nice stand and canopy for it.. ( Never get them done though ) stock the Sump with about 10 pounds of live rock and place about 15 pounds in the main tank just to have it look like a reef of some sort..

Lighting is going to be, Single 175 watt 10k halide and 2 x T5 Actinics.

And fish... Thinking i might get a goby or something.. Just for looks

Well thats the plan.. here is what i have so far.. lol, Basically just upped the lighting on my nano to the halide for now.. as i moved in a couple of sps frags.. I need to get some sps frags soon.. Thinking of going out this weekend looking.. I'm slowly moving out the Softies out of the tank.. and going to go i think this weekend pick up my new tank.. i was going to drill 2 holes.. one 3/4 inch drain and then a 1/2 inch return?? Anyone think this is good or bad?

Well here is what i have so far.. i will be posting some updates soon, I hope!

Looks like crap.. But give me a couple of days!!!!

I think this would work great with the sump having the live rock. If you are just growing them out and not really decorating it, make terraces or shelves from white egg crate material. Water gets diffused through the material and you know how SPS love water movement. Keep us posted. Sounds like a great project.
    The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

Yea well i do want it to me more a Grow out, But at the same time.. I want it to be somthing worth staring at all nite.. lol,

So i want to have some rock, and a fish.. somthing small and with attitude..

My pick would be a small six line wrasse. It'll have lots of attitude adn pick off any unwanted pests in the tank. I keep one in my tank and love him. He even took care of a few flatworms I had 4 months ago.
    The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

Well i borrowed a friends 20k Bulb.. It looks more like a 15k.. but it was sold to him used as a 20k..

This is the look im kind of going for.. Maybe not so blue..