Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pics of my Tangs! (Dial-up Beware)

Gave the tank a good scrubbing tonight so I figured I'd get some pics of it. So far, the only three of sized down for internet viewing are my 3 tangs. Purple, Naso Blonde, and Unicorn. Enjoy

First, my purple tang. Some might remember from a pic I posted a few months ago when I got him that he was recovering from an outbreak of ich. Well I can happily say it has cleared up totally and he is healthy as a horse now. You can see the pic of him with the spots on him in this thread .... http://aquariacanada.com/forums/show...&threadid=3516

Next is my naso blonde. Tied with purple tangs, this is my favorite fish. Mine is about 7-8" long and as tame as a baby. When I feed it or put my hand in the tank, I can actually stroke it's sides or the top of his head without objection. VERY friendly fish.

Last but not least, my unicorn. He was the first tang in the tank. After seeing a beauty in the LFS's display, I had to have one. Just like the naso, I can touch it anytime I want and he doesn't care.....unlike the purple who seems to be the snob of the group. :P

The 3 of them get along famously with each other. No more tangs will be going into the tank...I'm probably pushing it with these 3 guys but they were must haves for me. Hope ya liked em!
    Visit my Reef @ NewfieReef.com

really nice man...love the naso!

nice looking fish! how bigs the tank? looks huge.

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    I love that unicorn... what a beauty!
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Thanks guys....and Johnny, it's a 112 gallon. 60x18x24...no swimming pool like the one you've got but it's not bad for a full time university student with a part time job,

I really like your Naso. What a beautiful fish!
    Susan

Thanks Flame! By far the nicest fish in my tank IMO anyway. He was one of those impulse buys where you go to the LFS to grab some food or a couple small chromis or something and you end up going home with a $125 tang.

azonic

I made up my mind by seeing your NASO, I'm adding one as soon as the skimmer is set up. love that fish

Man, they are beautiful. Not likely I'll ever see any in my tank! Well until I get the 50g and then I might take a chance on a hippo!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming
    WOO HOO - What a Ride!

Hi, beautiful fish, nice shots!

Do you find your fish are crowded at all? I have a new 5" blonde Naso in my 112g (72x18x20), and have been wondering about a second Tang - but don't the Naso genus get rather, um, huge? I'm hesitating to add anything else, as their eventual size makes me nervous.

I have to add that my Naso is a total stunner, like yours. Looks like a punk rocker with spikey orange hair...
    - Alan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast