Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Serge's Tank - Update

I thought I would jump in this one and post a couple of recent pics of my tank. It's moving slow but I am making progress.

This pic is while I was in the process of filling up the tank and sumps, with fresh water, to test the whole system for leaks. As I had mentionned in an earlier thread, I ended up having to redo all my pluming with the thicker teflon tape. The tank ran continuously for 2 weeks, and NO leaks! :bananadan

Serge

Common Sense - Is'nt!!

Here is how I increased the floor support for the living room area that will support the tank.
    Serge

Common Sense - Is'nt!!

I had the same problems with teflon tape. Ya got to use lots or it!!! I don't think an elephant would go through that floor now!!:bounce:
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

Looking good Serge. I think you would however have got better overall support by gluing and screwing the added joists to the existing ones to create beams. Dose the front edge by chance happen to be directly over one of the joists?
    Rob

Originally posted by mike536
    I had the same problems with teflon tape. Ya got to use lots or it!!! I don't think an elephant would go through that floor now!!:bounce:
    Hehehe! Yeah, but I was unaware of that until I tested my first plumbiong job. LOL Then I was told about the thicker stuff: pink, blue and yellow tape. What a difference. Yeah, I think the floor could now support almost any kind of tank I could fit in that area. Hehehe
    Serge

Common Sense - Is'nt!!

Originally posted by One Salty Dog
    Looking good Serge. I think you would however have got better overall support by gluing and screwing the added joists to the existing ones to create beams. Dose the front edge by chance happen to be directly over one of the joists?
    Rob
    Thanks Rob. After doing some research and reading about it, I had a choice of setting up "syster beams" (??), as you are mentionning, or add a couple extra beam at 8" center to center. I opted for the second option. Yes, one of the beams is about 1" behind the front of the base. I tested the location by first driving a nail from upstairs. SHHHHhhh... Don't tell my wife... <<Looking behind him...>> ALtho I used no glue, I did however used a few nails and 4" screws to hold everything in place. I don't think anything will be moving out of there any time soon.
    Serge

Common Sense - Is'nt!!

I thought I would post a couple of pics of my current supporting project for my tank. It is not as pretty as the commercial stuff, but it's kind of fun to do. It gave me some working experience with acrylics. MMmmm.... Nice perfume with these glues/solvents... :blah: :eek4:

Serge

Common Sense - Is'nt!!

Umm.. I still don't know how to upload more than one pic at a time. Drats! :hammerhea

Serge

Common Sense - Is'nt!!

My tank is finally up and running with salt water. YIPPEE!! Party time! :beer: int: :roll: :bananadan :heavymeta :clap2:

Happy, happy dance here. :dance-o-j

Ounce the SG and the water temp have stabilized, I'm hoping to order my LR this week.

Serge

Common Sense - Is'nt!!

Up and running... Again...

Finally, my tank has been up and running for over a week now without any leaks. Started the cycling last Wednesday, so now the long wait begins. hyeah: I thought I would post a few pics of the setup in the new place.

:speedbana

Full view of the tank.
    Serge

Common Sense - Is'nt!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast