Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My one gallon makes big trouble in the USA, I hope not here.

This was my first one gallon tank that I plan on turning into a reef tank, and what a ruckus it causes in a few forum in the USA. I hope you guys are a little more understanding. This was a gift for my wife. I had planned to take this to her job and surprise her with this little pretty tank. The big problem was that before I posted the question, I put a very small damsel in the tank after it had cycled and that made big big trouble, no one had anything nice to say and they sounded like they wanted to take a trip to my house to take the little damsel away because a fish dose not belong in a one gallon tank. I have been posting up the water readings every nite to let these people know that the little guy was just fine. I went through the trouble of taking pictures and posting them up. I plan on putting a video on "u tube" that I can link to those sites, showing that the little fish is fine and in good hand, I work at home and have all the time in the world to care for this little guy, I give his tank a cup water change two times a day which equals to about 5% water change and I notice that this little guy is happy, very alert and eating well. I just started cycling a BioCube 8 and plan on making that his home, so don't worry he is in good hand.

Please let me know what you thing about this, is it as bad as the people in USA make it sound.

I would love to keep this tank with one fish and coral, but I need info on what fish stays small and makes very little movement?

I plan to buy a T5 so I can put one more tank together with this one and the T5 strip looks good and help the coral and fish.

Here are a few pictures of the little one gallon tank with my little man “Nemo’s couson Limo “ and Lime love it in there. But his rent lease is almost up and I am going to move him.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My one gallon makes big trouble in the USA, I hope not here.-2nd-day-my-one-gallon-tank-2.jpg   My one gallon makes big trouble in the USA, I hope not here.-copy-my-tank-pictures-029-medium-web-view.jpg   My one gallon makes big trouble in the USA, I hope not here.-my-tank-pictures-034-412x550.jpg   My one gallon makes big trouble in the USA, I hope not here.-picture-196-550x412.jpg  
    It must be great, to be a fish.:38:

Are you sure that the water volume of that tank is only one gallon? What are the dimensions of the tank?

Smile

yeh looks to big to me as well?
    that aside, you went thru alot of trouble for a 1 gallon
    I don't see the big deal as long as you don't add anymore fish

I am more interested in the DIY SKIMMER!

Quote Originally Posted by SwimSwimDiego View Post
    Please let me know what you thing about this, is it as bad as the people in USA make it sound.

Your not going to have an easy time with that water volume.

Temp,SG,nitrates ect.
    100G Reef
    Purple,Blue,Yellow and Sailfin Tangs.Damsel,Clown and Coral Beauty,Fosters Hawkfish.
    Many mixed corals and clams.
    65G fuge in basement.
    Mag 24 return,RODI,2 Phosban reactors and UV.
    620w in DT.

If it were a one gallon and in the shape of a cube, each side would only be six inches.

Quote Originally Posted by Zookeeper View Post
    Are you sure that the water volume of that tank is only one gallon? What are the dimensions of the tank?
    This little tank takes up a lot of my time, but I put it together and now its A MUST for me to take care of it , and I love it very much. I just posted the plans for the Skimmer. The dimensions of this tank are 6 1/2H x 9W x 5 1/4 bow front, Starts 5" on sides of bow front and 5 1/4 in middle of bow front.

DS:b2:
    It must be great, to be a fish.:38:

ijo
    The tank looks great!!!

tank

wow
    that tank looks bigger than a 1 gallon.
    but pictures sometimes intesifies the look.
    I see no big deal keeping a small tank like that,
    the only problem I would find could be water chemistry
    but with only one fish and a coral,I guess it could be manage
    He has.

liv
    I think its great, A+.
    i'm with the others, do water changes instead of skimmers... will be way cheaper and should assure great water quality.

ya from the pics, tank looks big !

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast