Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Xenon's 29g Biocube with upgrades!

I bought this 29g biocube about 1month ago thinking it would be good enough to keep LPS but that didn't last long. Next thing I knew I was upgrading the lighting, flow, filtration and so far I am very happy with the results!

I estimate that I have about 40lb of Haitian live rock and 30lb of Caribsea aragonite sand.

I added two Tunze 6025 (660gph) powerheads that I put on a timer. I alternate each powerhead every hour so both are never on at the same time. I removed the false floor in chamber#1. I removed the bioballs and added a Tunze 9002 skimmer in chamber #2. I then decided to replace the return pump in chamber #3 with a maxijet 1200 to add even more flow.

For lighting I bought a 20" Sunpod 150w MH light that I replaced with a 20" Nova Extreme Pro 6x18w T5 fixture. The Sunpod was great but I could not live without actinics and the colors are so much better with the Nova. Check out the full review here: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...readid=1478041

I had to figure out a way to add moonlights because the Nova does not have any. I got two Coralife 1watt LED lights and placed them in the rear corners.

I use a Purely H2O Optima CA ro/di system. I dose 8ml of Kent Marine Tech CB part A and 8ml of Kent Marine Tech CB part B daily. I split up the dosages in the morning and night to minimize any spikes. I replace 5gallons of water every week but that may change now that I have my skimmer dialled in.

29g Biocube, 2x90w Aqua Illumination LED light modules, Vortech MP20, Sapphire BC29 skimmer, GHL Profilux Plus II with 3pump doser.

29g Biocube, 2x90w Aqua Illumination LED light modules, Vortech MP20, Sapphire BC29 skimmer, GHL Profilux Plus II with 3pump doser.

HAHA!

I totally forgot my username here was Deafgoose. lol

Ignore the title name.

sweet tank, how did you get the coralline to grow so fast, that LR looks awesome.
    `

120S RR tank with 60G basement sump / fuge

Return Pump: Little Giant 4-MDQX SC
    Water Movement: MP40W, Seio 1500, (2) Hydor K4's
    Lighting: 400W SE MH with 10K Venture
    Skimmer: Euro-Reef RS250 with gate valve
    Other: RODI, RDSB, PO4/AC reactor

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by a4twenty View Post
    sweet tank, how did you get the coralline to grow so fast, that LR looks awesome.
    This rock is from my previous system so it was already nice and purple.

hard to say what is purpler, the LR or the beautiful LTA
    `

My Gallery

I have been having trouble getting the LTA to eat. I had to protect it with my skimmer cup so that it would not get robbed by the shrimp/fish.

I recorded a 30min timelapse video of my LTA eating a chunk of krill. Every second of video = 1 minute real time.

http://www.dansouliere.com/movies/feedinglta.mpg

that is a little slow, what are the black pellets inside the cup and on the nem?? ( was he taking a poop? )and how often are you feeding? i would try some different foods like mysis or silversides. my carpet stopped having any interest in krill and now quickly gobbles up silversides, i was getting really worried too.

his inability to defend against food thieves is not a very good sign but with a little TLC he should get his strength back.
    `

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by a4twenty View Post
    that is a little slow, what are the black pellets inside the cup and on the nem?? ( was he taking a poop? )and how often are you feeding? i would try some different foods like mysis or silversides. my carpet stopped having any interest in krill and now quickly gobbles up silversides, i was getting really worried too.

his inability to defend against food thieves is not a very good sign but with a little TLC he should get his strength back.
    I fed him mysis but he didn't take much of it. Those brown dots were pellets and he didn't eat many of those either.

I wanna try silversides. Any idea where I can get some?

call around the sponsors, i'm sure one of them will have them. as a last resort ( after waiting a week for the order to come in :b14: ) i have bought them at BA's.

whatever you feed, try small bits and place them as close to the mouth as possible. i would even consider feeding him daily ( small pieces ) until he gets his strength back.
    `

My Gallery

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast