Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

70 In A 50! You Cant Be Serious????

I dont venture to quebec very often. But my yearly trip to see Ivan is one of them.

Im note going to go into details with respect to location and story etc etc. This is more of a warning for those who wish to venture across to pick up some stuff from Ivan.

The cop (short dark hair goatee) who stoped me was training a new (female) officer. Therefore, any infractions will be enforced to the full extent.

After listening to Ivan's little little run-in with the same unit, it was apparent that they are working his neighbor hood.

My advice to those who are going to see Ivan: If it says 50 do 50.

70 in a 50 cost me $156 :rant:

Ivan, always nice to see ya :wink5: Thanks again for everything!

90Gal Tank 35Gal Sump

ijo
    lol lowkey... and 85 in a 50 will ding you for $225. :help:

I am accepting donations for the said fine... if anyone would like to have a small award attached to their nickname(I support Hull and Subaru).. please send them to paypal address ijo@aquaria.ca

IJO :loser:

Ok, doing 70 in a 50...well it is still speeding.....
    But Ivan, 85 in a 50! ouch.
    Regards,
    Patrick.
    Ottawa (Orleans), Ontario
    Yahoo IM: pwallnfld

Quote Originally Posted by pwall
    Ok, doing 70 in a 50...well it is still speeding.....
    But Ivan, 85 in a 50! ouch.
    I couldnt agree more speeding is speeding. I drive 20 over for 8 years. I was due for a ticket anyway. :speedbana

Damnit Ivan, the name of that painter is still pissing me off!

Hey I just realized they spelled Toyota (toyola) wrong! Thats it Im fighting maybe I'll see you in court Ivan???

90Gal Tank 35Gal Sump

ijo
    b-b-bu-bu-but its should be a 60 zone... and it wasn't my fault... the car wanted to go faster... I had to hold her back :errr:

They also have my address wrong... do you think that is grounds for dismissal(they wrote 4 instead of 41)??

IJO

gvv
    It is interesting, but everytime I went to Ivan place I saw police car there, so as soon as I turn left, I switch to grandma style of driving...
    Regards

That wouldn't be grounds for dismissal, I had something along those lines happen and they are legally allowed to re-issue the ticket with the proper information. They would have your driver's license number and such. That is here in NB anyway, but i imagine it is similar there.

I live in the same neighbourhood as Ivan & I've been seeing a lot more unmarked police cars too. I suspect the Gatineau Police have been getting complaints since the neighbourhood has a lot of small children.

But I'm just as guilty. The spot I hate the most is on St. Raymond near Pink. It goes from a 50 to an 80 for about a block, then it's a 70 for two blocks, then it drops back to a 50 around the Petro Canada, (2 blocks?) What the heck is the point of that other that generating revenue for the Gatineau police?

Not that I drive like a Grandma, but when I picked up the GrandPrix, I was nervous I'd get more than my fair share of tickets (it's red, mind you dark red) so I set my GPS to scream at my when I hit 60 and when I hit 110.

Now I've just gotten into the habit of only keeping it to about 10 over. But I aslo know I can pull 13s on the quarter in that car

As to the ticket, have you talked to Pointts? Or what ever the Quebec version is?

Cheers!
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

wow unmarked cops suck, but I guess you can tell with all the antennas coming out from the cars ass. Anyways speeding is speeding, and if you don't want a ticket, be prepared to pull a Jack Bauer :speedbana
    10.G Nano Reef
    40.G Reef (ITW)

Krugar,
    What grand prix are you driving that does a 13 second quarter mile? Can't be stock.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast