Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

World Fish Opening

Is anyone attending the grand opening of the new store?
    Please tell about it here.
    I'll be working today and spent already my alotted tank allowance so I'll wait a bit and then go see.
    Canons shooting coconut creme
    40 guns in a steady stream. :coolmad:

Went over this morning ~10:30. Asked Richard for my grand opening gift but he just laughted at me

Great looking store, about twice the size of brassard one. Very little livestock but the tanks are cycling. Some good savings on drygoods though. Can't wait till the SPS tank is up and running!
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. --
    Charles Darwin

Hey Guys,

Is this store worth going to from Ottawa. Where is it exactly?
    125g with 40g sump

It definitely worth going to, but for now only the Brossard one if your looking for livestock. The Montreal store will be great but at the moment has very little livestock

Their Montreal address
    5462 Jean-Talon Est
    Montréal, Québec

Brossard address
    2148 D Lapinière Blv.
    Brossard, Québec

Give them a couple of week to cycle the tanks and get the livestock. I'm sure Richard (i2ik) will chime in
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. --
    Charles Darwin

How far is the Jean Talon store from the Jean Talon market - figure fish and food combo would definitely be worth it :biglaugh2

I went to the grand opening and was sort of dissapointed. Pictures were posted of the livestock (fish and corals) that I assumed were at the store, but when I showed up there was hardly anything to look at. I walked in circles twice hoping the fish were just hiding, but no luck. I guess the pictures he was reffering to was of the one in brossard.

They have a nice sale on food from 25% and salts up to 50%. Other than that not much in the store. No really cool lighting fixtures in stock at the time, mostly parts.

I was told from a friend that the one in brossard is closing down or something?

The one in montreal is not really worth a long drive as they need time to stock. I approx 2 months before its is fully stocked. Haven't been to the one in brossard.
    10.G Nano Reef
    40.G Reef (ITW)

Yes the store is open but this week-end was not the BIG grand opening. It's just open. He is not stocked with live stock yet.

You got to cut the guy some slake. I mean 2 months ago there was nothing there. I was there on Tuesday and Kevin gave me the tour. I would have never thought he would be ready to open on Saturday. There was stuff everywhere. But i dropped in today and everything was nice and tidy. He told me that Brossard is staying that "It's my baby!"
    This guy really loves this hobby.
    The store on Jean Talon I would say that the store front (not the behind the scenes) is about 3 times bigger than Brossard. The display tank layout is going to be sick. The systems downstairs are just mind boggling.
    As far as i know this is the biggest salt water only Aquarium store that i know of in the Montreal, Laval, South shore area. :biggrinbo
    Good luck to them and Keep up the good work! :wink5:

Yes their store is extremely big in size and for water volume. They had this one tank that was a couple feet wide and 2x as long and only about 16" high. It had all the skimmers ontop of it, is that their display?

Once they get it stocked to the max, it would be the best place to visit every weekend for sure. Each of their tanks has got to be 100g or bigger except for the tanks in the back which are meant for snails and such.
    10.G Nano Reef
    40.G Reef (ITW)

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Montreal
    Yes the store is open but this week-end was not the BIG grand opening. It's just open. He is not stocked with live stock yet.

You got to cut the guy some slake. I mean 2 months ago there was nothing there. I was there on Tuesday and Kevin gave me the tour. I would have never thought he would be ready to open on Saturday. There was stuff everywhere. But i dropped in today and everything was nice and tidy. He told me that Brossard is staying that "It's my baby!"
    This guy really loves this hobby.
    The store on Jean Talon I would say that the store front (not the behind the scenes) is about 3 times bigger than Brossard. The display tank layout is going to be sick. The systems downstairs are just mind boggling.
    As far as i know this is the biggest salt water only Aquarium store that i know of in the Montreal, Laval, South shore area. :biggrinbo
    Good luck to them and Keep up the good work! :wink5:

I had the pleasure of wandering into the shore store and met Kevin and had some moments during a quiet day to talk with him. He sure loves his hobby and as far as he told me Brossard store will remain open. Good luck guys!
    Canons shooting coconut creme
    40 guns in a steady stream. :coolmad:

Hello guys and thank you all

Like Joseph said, it was a lot of job to be able to opened up on saturday. We stayed everyday until very late at night to make it possible. Sorry FLIP, the pictures you saw was from the one in Brossard and that was post on our website, but nothing said it was from Montreal store. Sorry for the confusion. The corals tank was something that i was really minded on having it in the store and i am glad it was done The corals system is not completely done yet, will try to find some time this week to finish it and getting the water ready for some frags as soon as possible. Also the light fixtures are not done yet. Still have a lot to do, but the fish tanks should be ready in 1 or 2 weeks!

Yet to come, there will be a 10 foot reef show tank and later on, planning on making a show FOWLR tank just in face of the entrance
    Richard

Hobby Experience: Newbie
    600G system, Sifligoi3x400w with ACLS units, 2xH&S A200-2x1260, Schuran Jetstream 2 Ca reactor, 4xVortech Pump, Tunze Stream 6200, Tunze Wavebox, 4xWavy Sea Plus wavemaker, Oceans Motions 4 way, Prolifux Wireless Controller, Red Sea 100mg Ozonizer, Seachem Pinnacle 200GPD RO/DI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast