Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New car

New car

Its just about time for me to change my car. I am seriously thinking of getting this. What do you guys think about the CX-7.

Mazda CX-7.....2007

i dunno marc always risky to buy the first year model. how about a nice volvo all wheel drive or a subaru forester.

on the other hand it is a japanese company and they usually are very reliable. subaru and volvo are expensive to maintain. i love it, i would say go for it!!! best of luck and happy shopping

The first car I ever owned I bought brand new. It was a Mazda 323. I drove it for almost 296,000 km before the transmission gave out and I bought my first Subaru.

I loved my Subaru. I put 516,000 km on it before it got totaled (with me in it) on the Queensway a couple of winters ago (I had stopped for an accident and some guy destroyed me and drove me forward hard enough to destroy the car ahead of me.) My second Subaru went for 360,000 km before Anita made me get rid of it and buy a Sorento.

Hank.
    220G mixed reef main, 30 G (3 x 10) brood/grow-out, 25 G secondary, 6 G frag with shared sump

Return Pump: Iwaki MD55RLT
    Water Movement: Tunze Turbelle Stream 6060, 4 x MaxiJet 1200
    Lighting: 60" Outer Orbit dual 250 W 10k HQI and quad 48" T5HO Actinic
    Skimmer: Precision Marine Bullet-2 with Iwaki MD55RLT, WC610 waste collector, and gate valve

Experience: Fresh since 1976 - Marine since 1987

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hank.carr

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTINPRICE
    on the other hand it is a japanese company and they usually are very reliable. subaru and volvo are expensive to maintain. i love it, i would say go for it!!! best of luck and happy shopping
    Actually I own a 2005 Volvo S40 T5. Great car. Maintenance isn't all that expensive when you think about it. An oil change is $200, but spread out of the same period that you'd normally have 4 oil changes on many other cars.
    In the end, it comes out more or less the same price, just a larger chunk at once.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Mazda. Can't go wrong. Nice vehicle, reliable, nice quality, and good resale value too.
    Canons shooting coconut creme
    40 guns in a steady stream. :coolmad:

I have been driving mazda's since 94. My first car was a 1994 mx-3 precidia. I drove it for 360 000 Km before I sold it and got my 2001 protege. Now it has 140 000Km and I want to change it even though its still good for many more milles.

The CX-7 sounds really good for the price and it looks like a total sleeper. The base model comes pretty well equipped for $32 000.00. Engine is a 2.3L 4cyl turbo 244Hp, tires are 18" with alloy rims. Air bags all over the place. Cruse control and radio controls on the steering. Power lock and windows. The only downside I have seen is it need 91 octane fuel. They are supposed to be coming out next month. I will at least wait till then before choosing.

liv
    lets not forget mazda is owned by ford since 1993. soo.. part of the vehicle is made by ford. with that said.. i have no troubles with either of these brands myself. I say that a japanese car is definitly more reliable and usually cheaper on gas then american made cars.

I have owned 1 toyota, 1 mazda ans 2 nissan... my first pick would be a toyota.. by far!... but they are also a bit more expensive.. hense why i went with a nissan this time. also toyota have crappy interest rates.. other companies offer better rates.
    ( again this has been proven that the companies with low interest rates just boost the price of their vehicles to compensate )...

oh... and for the first year thing.. not sure this is a problem anymore.. also.. you still have the same warranty as any other brand new vehicle.. if it breaks.. they'll repair it.

The CX-7 is the first of 3 new models made only for the north american market. I bieleve the CX-9 will be the next to come.

Once more Japanese products are very reliable.

Last year I bought a new Honda Pilot and I love it. I wanted to get it in 2003 when it was first introduced in Honda's line up, but I was a little weary even though Honda has always put out a good product. I waited until it was out for a few years in case they had little quirks to work out. I also have a Honda Accord. My brother in law traded in his Honda Accord with over 460,000 Km. The engine on my boat is a Honda.

Yeah, we're a family of Honda lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast