Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Reef Raft in Toronto

Just thought I would update those of you that come to the TO region to do a little shopping. It would seem that Reef Raft is closing it's doors and is considering going purely wholesale or my just close permenantly. All livestock is currently on sale.

As a note I am not accociated with the store I just read this on another board and wanted to pass it along.

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Wow...
    I'm not quite sure what to say here.. Is it an April fool's joke or not?
    I saw their post on the other board. I'm just not sure I want to believe it.... eheheh
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Senior Member Weddel Tech Support's Avatar
    Yeah its a pity,

ReefRaft sold his corals at a good price where he could make some money,and the hobbiest profited from a competitive price.

Now there is competition selling there corals for 35$ just to get the business. I guess I would do the same thing ReefRaft is doing, why do it if you cant make a living off it not worth all the work to exchange 4 quarters for a dollar.
    Glad to be of assistance,hope we were able to answer your questions concerning the products we distribute.

Regards
    WTS

***For inquiries about where to buy and pricing, PLEASE PM me we will refer you to a store nearest you.***

Yeah I spoke to him last night and its really a pity,

ReefRaft sold his corals at a good price where he could make some money,and the hobbiest profited from a competitive price.

Now there is competition selling there corals for 35$ just to get the business. I guess I would do the same thing ReefRaft is doing, why do it if you cant make a living off it not worth all the work to exchange 4 quarters for a dollar.
    HTH

ReefSalt

Before you buy anything......Read and Research .

Setup:
    265 gl SPS Reef. AquaScape Marco Rock 150lbs ( Upgrading to a 300gl Deep Dimension)
    Ecotech Radion Pro x 4 & Ecotech ReefLink
    Decante 75g
    Pompe de Remonte PCX55
    Reef Octopus SRO-5000SSS
    Reacteur Sulphur H&S Pour Nitrate
    2x Phosban 550

Frag Tank:
    Perfect0 45 cube sur le system central
    Totoka LR 50lb
    Radion Gen2
    Vortech MP10W

Which competition is selling corals for $35?

Anyway I read the original thread over there as well... but I'm not holding my breathe on it til April Fool's day is well passed. Just seems a lillll fishy...
    Hardwares: 50G reef tank, 30G sump & ~55lb Indo/Fiji LR. Finnex 36"x4 T5 lights, Coralife Superskimmer 220g, Mag9.5 return and SEIO820+MJ600 PH.
    Corals: zoosss, mushrooms, hammer, torch, fogsprawn, blasto, crocea clam, RBTA
    Fish: Percular clown PJ cardinal, royal gramma, yellow watchman goby, 3x chromis.

Quote Originally Posted by boyohboy
    Which competition is selling corals for $35?

Anyway I read the original thread over there as well... but I'm not holding my breathe on it til April Fool's day is well passed. Just seems a lillll fishy...
    NAFB and Reef raft have been selling corals for $30-$35 lately. From what I have heard from other reliable sources I don't think this is necessarily a joke. I guess only time will tell.

No its no joke,from what I understood is that J&J at ReefRaft sold there corals for $70 to 120$ which was quite competitive depending on the kind.NAFB decided to sell them for 35$ to try to get the buisness,this has been going on for sometime since RR has opened up.At those prices somethings got to give sooner or later.

Of course we all want the lower price but at what cost?
    HTH

ReefSalt

Setup:
    265 gl SPS Reef. AquaScape Marco Rock 150lbs ( Upgrading to a 300gl Deep Dimension)
    Decante 75g
    Pompe de Remonte PCX55
    Reef Octopus SRO-5000SSS
    2x Phosban 550

Frag Tank:
    Totoka LR 50lb
    Radion Gen2
    Vortech MP10W

Seriously $35?! Was in GTA last weekend and didn't notice NAFB lowered their price again tho... thought it's still $40@?

And I actually bought an alveopora (sp?) from RR and still paid $65... I know RR is having the closing down sale since about the last 2 days, but was they selling @$35 before already?
    Hardwares: 50G reef tank, 30G sump & ~55lb Indo/Fiji LR. Finnex 36"x4 T5 lights, Coralife Superskimmer 220g, Mag9.5 return and SEIO820+MJ600 PH.
    Corals: zoosss, mushrooms, hammer, torch, fogsprawn, blasto, crocea clam, RBTA
    Fish: Percular clown PJ cardinal, royal gramma, yellow watchman goby, 3x chromis.

The price goes from 35$ or $40,its still quite inexpensive when compared to general retail pricing half to be more precise.
    RR is selling out what he has at 35$ ,I never saw prices on his corals selling retail at $35 before though...unless he had a sale and I missed it
    HTH

ReefSalt

Setup:
    Decante 75g
    Pompe de Remonte PCX55
    Reef Octopus SRO-5000SSS
    2x Phosban 550

Frag Tank:
    Totoka LR 50lb
    Radion Gen2
    Vortech MP10W

May be related to the closure but the Reefraft web site/forum won't display tonight.
    Nick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast