Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Laptop Pros

Laptop Pros

Hi Guys and Gals,

I need your help on a purchase,
    I had my Laptop jacked in B.C and am looking for a good top of the line(kickbut) laptop minimum 15" I travel/fly alot and I would want something practical yet as good as a desktop unit.

What models would you recomend I look into?
    HTH

ReefSalt

Before you buy anything......Read and Research .

Setup:
    265 gl SPS Reef. AquaScape Marco Rock 150lbs ( Upgrading to a 300gl Deep Dimension)
    Ecotech Radion Pro x 4 & Ecotech ReefLink
    Decante 75g
    Pompe de Remonte PCX55
    Reef Octopus SRO-5000SSS
    Reacteur Sulphur H&S Pour Nitrate
    2x Phosban 550

Frag Tank:
    Perfect0 45 cube sur le system central
    Totoka LR 50lb
    Radion Gen2
    Vortech MP10W

IBM X Series

The best I've seen so far for the business person. They are built like a tank and the quality is there for sure.

I work at the House of Commons and we have the Toshibas, Dell and IBM all commercial models and the IBM is by far my favorite one.
    If your gonna do it, do it right the first time.

I have a Dell D600 and love it. It's about 1 year old, so I am not sure what the up to date model of it is. Dell's are great for warrenty, and good prices.. I am a tech for a school board, and they choose to go with Toshiba laptops. I don't mind them either.

I have been using Dell, Toshiba, IBM, and now Asus and i am quite happy with Asus. Great quality, great service and giving me all i need either to study or play games

Dell, i had some problem with it after 2 years but overall, good laptop! I did not like Toshiba, i had a old version, maybe the newer are better. IBM are very good too!!

If i would have to get another one, i would look for a tablet PC... but that will be mainly for studies, if not, the MacBook Pro which is having an Intel Core Duo Processor...simply amazing!!!
    Richard

Hobby Experience: Newbie
    600G system, Sifligoi3x400w with ACLS units, 2xH&S A200-2x1260, Schuran Jetstream 2 Ca reactor, 4xVortech Pump, Tunze Stream 6200, Tunze Wavebox, 4xWavy Sea Plus wavemaker, Oceans Motions 4 way, Prolifux Wireless Controller, Red Sea 100mg Ozonizer, Seachem Pinnacle 200GPD RO/DI

Currently have an HP. In the 3 years I've had it it's never needed bench maintenance. Next one will be another HP. My wife has always used IBM ThinkPads with no problems whatsover...she just got a new one.

I like the toshiba, take a licking and keeps on ticking...but the batteries tend to die quicker than most and need to be replaced.
    Any darn fool can make something complex; it takes a genius to make something simple

Quote Originally Posted by i2ik
    I have been using Dell, Toshiba, IBM, and now Asus and i am quite happy with Asus. Great quality, great service and giving me all i need either to study or play games

Dell, i had some problem with it after 2 years but overall, good laptop! I did not like Toshiba, i had a old version, maybe the newer are better. IBM are very good too!!

If i would have to get another one, i would look for a tablet PC... but that will be mainly for studies, if not, the MacBook Pro which is having an Intel Core Duo Processor...simply amazing!!!

Oh ya! I forgot about that.. I 100% agree, if I wer to get a new laptop, I would go with the MacBook laptop as well.. It comes with OS X, but then you can load Boot Camp to it, and install a licensed copy of Windows XP. I saw some benchmarks, and the fastest laptop running XP was a Mac Book. That's awesome.. It's not like Virtual PC either, it actually loads Windows XP as an OS, not emulated. I would love to be able to do this.

hyeah: That is the best thing about it, having a "Mac"
    Richard

Hobby Experience: Newbie
    600G system, Sifligoi3x400w with ACLS units, 2xH&S A200-2x1260, Schuran Jetstream 2 Ca reactor, 4xVortech Pump, Tunze Stream 6200, Tunze Wavebox, 4xWavy Sea Plus wavemaker, Oceans Motions 4 way, Prolifux Wireless Controller, Red Sea 100mg Ozonizer, Seachem Pinnacle 200GPD RO/DI

What about LG, they are a bit more pricey then the rest, but seem to be very solid units.

Thanks for the input everyone.

I had a Toshiba wasnt happy with the service I got,Then I got my SEANIX thin and lite which was one of the best bang for the buck although I found the 12" screen a little small after a while.

ASUS and ACER I dont know to much about Im going to have to look into it, MAC hmmm.... maybe, didnt think of adding the Virtual PC to it that may be a good alternative to.

I was checking out the IBM which Gigahertz mentioned mainly the LENOVO 3000 N series model 076821U I like the Finger print ID thing and seems to be quite a rock solid unit.Anyone uses these units or has one for some input?

Thanks Again
    HTH

ReefSalt

Before you buy anything......Read and Research .

Setup:
    265 gl SPS Reef. AquaScape Marco Rock 150lbs ( Upgrading to a 300gl Deep Dimension)
    Ecotech Radion Pro x 4 & Ecotech ReefLink
    Decante 75g
    Pompe de Remonte PCX55
    Reef Octopus SRO-5000SSS
    Reacteur Sulphur H&S Pour Nitrate
    2x Phosban 550

Frag Tank:
    Perfect0 45 cube sur le system central
    Totoka LR 50lb
    Radion Gen2
    Vortech MP10W

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast