Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

satellite vs cable

Just curious what the opinions are for the above topic.. I have my new TV and currently have shaw digital cabe but am noticing the analog channels are prety horrible on a big screen so was curious what everyone else has.. Star choice, shaw, bell express ?? THose are my only 3 opions over here for now..

WHich will give me the best picture overall ?

Thanks.

Satellite all the way! I just got my 37' Sharp Aquose LCD and man does it look sweet with my bell expressvu.

In all cases you will have to get an high definition reciever to get the max out of you new TV. I only have the non HD reciver (expressvu 3100) but the quality is still pretty amazing.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. --
    Charles Darwin

dish.

there is pros and cons about both.
    first of all.......lets start with dish........
    picture is now digital,signals is always good and have a large choice of channels to watch.the cons of dish is
    when it rains heavy the signal deteriorates,as well when is gusty windy
    or worse when heavy snow falls......signals get really bad
    that being said.
    cable....as you know only rogers or cogeco offer the service here.
    and I can tell you their service is mediocre as well as their channel package
    everything is an option and over all expensive.
    but their signal is always good as it is cable.
    My opinion.......(mine) get dish....
    more choices of channels and can be upgraded to many many more packages.
    Just my 2 cents :speedbana

I agree. I actually just got my 55" Sony Grand Wega today. I was worried that my non HD ExpressuVu 3100 was gonna look crappy. Actually it looks not too bad. Not near as good as the HD channels I have seen other places. But I can deal with it. I am getting the HD receiver in the next few days, so I will have a few HD channels that will look good, but will still have non HD channels.

Dish all the way. No real reason!!

For the amont of times that the dish actually goes down I wouldn't worry about it. I've watched mine in some pretty hairy snow storms and never had a problem. Same goes for rain storms.
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

Honestly, I think my cable went out more often then my dish has. There is more to go wrong with cable. Lines getting cut, etc.. Plus a lot of cable companies get there feed via satellite anyway, so if the weather is bad enough to take out a dish signal, chances are they lose theres as well.

Actually I had more down time when I had videotron then I do with Bell. I think my sat only went down twice last year and only for 1/5 hours or so (due to heavy rain or snow).

The only think that is ticking me off about bell is that they keep raising their service charges
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. --
    Charles Darwin

Yep, I agree with the others, satellite, all the way. In the past, I have had Videotron and Rogers, but they nailed you for everything. Even tried Roger's digital TV, it was OK, but nothing compared to what I now have with Bell.

My 2 cents.

:speedbana
    Serge

Common Sense - Is'nt!!

funny i work for bell canada and honestly i wouldnt recommend satelite to anybody the service you recieve from the company itself is terrible i deal with the idiots in xvu all the time and it infuriates me how bad they are. i ve also had a problem with my xvu for about 5 months and they still havent fix it in fact the service guy told me to actually go to rogers. when its working and you dont have to worry about it then its good, but to deal with the service its not even worth!!! they service is as good as a a screen door on a submarine. just my two cents!! i hope my boss doesnt read this :wink5:

I used to work for Bell Canada as well, in Kingston. I got out a bout a year before they shut down the Kingston site. I had to deal with ExpressVu as well. I agree, some of their reps are pretty bad, but it wouldnt stop me from promoting it to anyone.

BTW, JUSTINPRICE, do you work at the site that took some of the people from Kingston recently?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast