Thread: Hot Tub.

Hot Tub.

Well as you all know Meagan and I just bought our first home and we move in the end of June. Well when we were in Cape Breton Meagan's cousin had a hot tub in their back yard ( Actually we've been in it a couple of times in the heart of winter) and we are now in the market for one. After talking to her and her husband they were telling us that you really got research before buying one. Now my question is do anyone have any knowledge in hot tubs? I've been looking at artic tubs and hydropools.

Any info or websites would be great!!!
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

liv
    get a calspa if you can.. they are amazing.. soo many add-ons... good price, good warranty and great quality. they sell them at a few stores in the ottawa region.. but i'm sure there is a supplyer out east.

http://www.calspas.com/

my buddy has the atlantic with 51 jets..

Im hopefully getting one in the next few years.. but i need my deck completed before.. I did lots of reading on this and they seem to be at the top for quality and price.. an d gagets )

evidently according to some designer magazine i was reading, hottubs are out, steam showers are in...

their reasoning was that hottubs are like, fill once, use once, wait long time before next use... which kinda makes sense...

but still... ladies like the hot tub, i mean, try and get them to come over with the line "hey... listen, i got steam shower at home, how bout you and i get clean?"

hottubs are clearly cooler

One of my best friends purchased a hot tub from

http://www.beachcomberhottubs.com/

I've been in it a few times and let me tell you that it absolutly rocks. Customizable, lots of jets and alot of power.

Very relaxing and stress relieving. His parents are now 'reps' for the company. If you want I could give you their contact information. They could help you find something that's right for you.

Steph

Quote Originally Posted by Ricepicker
    evidently according to some designer magazine i was reading, hottubs are out, steam showers are in...

their reasoning was that hottubs are like, fill once, use once, wait long time before next use... which kinda makes sense...

but still... ladies like the hot tub, i mean, try and get them to come over with the line "hey... listen, i got steam shower at home, how bout you and i get clean?"

hottubs are clearly cooler
    How can you argue with reasoning like that!! lol nice!

liv
    as for the hot tub use.. my friend is in it every week.. sometimes 2 - 3 times a week.. so it definitly gets lots of use.. and its not because its new.. he's had it for 3 years now.

I have a Beachcomber 730, we have had it since Nov.15/04 and we are in it almost daily. The winter is my favorite season but we are in it all year round. It has been a great meeting area for the entire family (10 year old boy and 15 year old girl), we play cards (H2O Uno and regular plastic cards), relax and talk about the days events. It always mellows my son right out and my daughter has had a few hot tub parties which have been great because her and her friends are at my house and under my supervision. I did a lot of research before we bought and Beachcomber has the best construction, warranty and energy efficientcy by far. If you want disco type lights, bizarre water falls or fountains and DVD players then a beachcomber is not for you because they are hot tubs first and foremost. You must check them out before you buy anything.
    90g Display, 30gal sump w/ refugium, MAS CR418 calcium reactor w/ Mag5 and Blueline CO2, Vertex IN-180 protein skimmer w/ Mag5, Mag9.5 return, 150 Phosban Reactor w/ MJ 1200, 1 Ebo 200w heater, 90lbs. LR, 80lbs. Carib-Sea aragonite, Cooltouch MH lights -2 x 400watt (20K & 14K) PFO hoods & Coralife 65w PC in custom hood with fan, Coralife 3-3/4watt mini moonlights, 8 jet Closed Loop System w/Reef-flo Dart, Aqua-Safe RO/DI, JBJ Auto Top Off unit w/Mag 5 return, 12g Nano cube, 10g quarentine.

Coast Spas

You may want to check out COAST SPAS, Canadian made in B.C, and definitely made for Canadian Winters... we have one that is over 7 years old now, and never a problem, and the electricity costs are really great, its the largest Coast makes... true 8 man... and its built tough... we average maybe $30 per month,, and thats year round use...

Dry weight of ours before water is 1600 lbs, thats a lot of Foam,, and Steel, Cedar etc... built to perform and last...