Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Tania,the little blonde

Ok I've read some of the awful things people have said about me
    and it makes me feel pretty bad,I know quite a bit about marine fish,filter feeders but I'm not great with coral, I really like animals and have had aquariums and terrariums since I was a child...as for the shark I never hurt that animal I liked to pet her it may sound stupid but I considered her my only friend.I don't understand how others who enjoy these wonderful creatures see me as some terrible person when I did everything I could to try and make these fishes lives a little bit easier.I don't have any form of social life so I would go help out on my days off,I worked holidays,I stayed till the wee hours of the morning....I was paid $7 an hour a lot less than my previous job......why, because I wanted that place to be better.and people bash my brains in... If you have anything bad or hopefully good please post it,I quit BA a month ago

aw, don't feel quite so bad. alot of us hobbists don't have much a social life either... we kinda just stare at the fish and notice the new copepod that appeared out of no where...

i dunno whats been said about you, but how crappy a store is is a reflection on how much employees know, if you can hold your own then I'm happy for you. truth be told, not a whole lot of employees are dedicated and expericed sometimes, i kinda just keep my mouth shut when i'm in there because i know they're wrong, its no big deal, as long as I know what i'm doing then i'm happy.

i don't like people bashing stores even if it does suck, i mean if u want a great store, a knowledge filled store or u want good prices, then open ur own store.

they raised the minimum wage.

employees are not a direct representation of how a store looks, employees are told what to do by managers who are told what to do by the owner. An employee is controlled by the owner not their own thoughts in retail, if they went according to their own thoughts they will usually be fired...

basically said an employee represents his boss and not them selves... if you know what i mean

imho
    675 Gallon Aquarium in the works

As an employer, I can tell you most employees suck. So all these people bashing you probably should probably look to their own performance in their chosen career path. I am sure you'll find underacheivers and ones who don't posess the knowledge base required for their positions. You don't have to look any further than Gov't workers to find an inept lot.
    Keep your head up and forget quickly what is said about you. Good or bad.
    Jason

I haven't had much to say around here lately, this place can be a bit of a bash fest...

But I'm sure you did what you could, I think so did BA.
    125G in wall
    2 x 250 hqi
    4 x 4' actinics
    tunze wavemaker & 6060
    2 x 1200 maxi's
    quiet one 3000

...just started of course

One day my daughter asked me for Nemo. Here we are thousands later and I'm just getting started.

Thank you for the support,Big Als is ok but alot of work still has to be done on those tanks ,there is not near as much staff as there should be.But regardless there is some great people that work there.

I too used to work in a store in my area, and tried so hard to help out.. I went above and beyond to help out the livestock and the costumer as much as I could. Bottom line: you can't save something that doesn't want to be "saved". You are just an employee and can only work with what resources are given to you. I too quit my job because it went against every thing that I believed in. I kept telling myself "I'm going to fish hell for this one!". So I decided one morning it was enough and quit.
    Try not to take anything that was said about "you" personally, most people have never worked in a store and cannot understand that with someone looking over your shoulder you can't tell the costumer to take their money and run cause the only skimmer available at that time is a prizm and it sucks for a 90 gallon! When you are employed you are getting paid to sell, that is the bottom line, and I personally could not warrant the sinking feeling I had every time.

It was mentioned somewhere here that the big difference in how a store is operated is wether or not the store owner understands the internet and I truly believe it does make a difference.

That was my 2 cents worth
    Carol
    Can we fit one more tank? :P
    Dont mind my spelling mistakes I've got an excuse...I'M FRENCH!

ijo
    Welcome to AC !!!

[welcome]
    I wouldn't worry to much about what was said about you Stonefish... I understand where your coming from. No matter what a business or worker does or doesn't do.. you will always get a client who is not happy.

jaden: I could't agree more on what you posted... I havent had the pleasure of hiring just yet but the stories I hear from my brothers business... you have to hire/fire 10 before you find someone who is half decent.

putz28: I think your incorrect on this one... we rarely ever get bash fests but we do let people give their opinion if they can do it without personal attack.

I know you are a big supporter of Marinescape... maybe this had something to do with your reply... on another note... its nice to see you still reading the site :wink5:

IJO

IJO,
    I just hate to see the BA thread get going again, they've got a lot of square footage in the city and it would simply take the support of people on this site to help them make it better.

I haven't done the circuit lately, maybe I'll bomb out to the west end today...last night's trip to see the Sens wasn't as rewarding I bet.

Cheers.
    125G in wall
    2 x 250 hqi
    4 x 4' actinics
    tunze wavemaker & 6060
    2 x 1200 maxi's
    quiet one 3000

...just started of course

One day my daughter asked me for Nemo. Here we are thousands later and I'm just getting started.

[ deleted by admin ]

No need to take it personal... I am sure it was not directed at you.. if you would like to talk about it some more... please take it to PM.

[/ deleted by admin ]
    Don't Panic Feel free to visit my blog -> Internet Tough Guy.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast