Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My Last Post.....

Hello folks!

Well, this is probably my last post for a while as we are leaving Saturday morning for 3 weeks. The tank will be on auto-pilot but my brother will check-in regularly.

Thats why I have been quiet in last while, been busy getting averything ready for the trip and all the trip preparations. Pheww.... A job in itself! Hehehe

I just hope I don't come back to a disaster. Everything has been kind of running in auto-pilot for the last few weeks just for that. Umm... I guess there is some wisdom in having a dog/cat instead of an aquarium. Drop them off to the pet care center and voila! No worries. Hehehehe...

Cheers!
    Serge

Common Sense - Is'nt!!

Good luck Serge! Enjoy your trip - I'm sure the tank will be fine with your bro. Let us know how it went when you return. Cheers!

ijo
    Serge... it might be a good idea to leave a number in case something major goes wrong... I can give you mine if you don't have any other friends(hehe)

IJO

Hope you get this before you "take off eh" but if help is needed please call me

I'm Baaaaaack........

Well, as the title says.... :biglaugh2

OK, I'm back. Had a great time tho I had to suffer Lennin's revenge for +2 weeks. :crap:

Came back to a nice and dry home and especially the basement floor. :biglaugh2 Everything ran smoothly with the auto-feeder and my DIY top-off unit. My brother came in regularly to check in and provide status reports. Thank God for email! :speedbana Only thing is I have a chromis MIA. The tank is really dirty and I will have a busy week in cleaning and doing water changes. I have green stuff everywhere, not like algea, but rather like everything has changed colour, similar to when cooper is startingto oxydize. I also noticed some red slime stuff on the back pane. As I said, I will be busy. Hehehe

Oh!! I saw some rather interesting shrimps at the Siberian zoology center for lake Baikal. I would be scared to put those in my tank! I'll post some pics of interest when I have a chance.

IJO: Hehehehe.... Funny!! :wink5:

Dark: To late! I took off and came back. :biggrinbo

Cheers!
    Serge

Common Sense - Is'nt!!

Good to have you back.
    Glad nothing really bad happened to the tank in your absence.
    Regards,
    Patrick.
    Ottawa (Orleans), Ontario
    Yahoo IM: pwallnfld

Thanks Patrick. I was very relieved indeed that everything ran smoothly. As for the missing chromis, I suspect I will find some bones somewhere during the cleaning. :crap: The little guy had been sick a few weeks prior to the vacations and I thought he was cured. Who can tell what he had.

Cheers!
    Serge

Common Sense - Is'nt!!

Serge,

What auto feeder did you use? I will be needing to purchase one and am wondering what ones are good!

Quote Originally Posted by Sophic
    Serge,

What auto feeder did you use? I will be needing to purchase one and am wondering what ones are good!
    Hi Sophic,

I use the Eheim digital feeder. It is a tad pricey but well worth the expense IMO, especially for us, as we tend to go for numerous weeks at a time when we go on vacations. I am quite pleased with it. Last year it also performed well for the +2 weeks we were off to europe.

My 0.02$ :wink5:
    Serge

Common Sense - Is'nt!!

Some pics from Siberia

OK folks, as promised, here is apic of those killer shrimps I saw in Siberia, lake Baikal to be more specific. They were about 2 to 4 inches long if not more. They only exit there, nowhere else.

Scary!! Isn't??
    Serge

Common Sense - Is'nt!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast