Christmas blunders

Hello This is way off topic but I feel I have to tell you all. Is there anyone else out there that has really bad luck other than me? Meagan and I decided to paint our den before christmas. No big deal, she picked out the colours (Whore red and yellow) and we went and bought it. We got home and I started to plaster the walls and get then ready for primer. Fine and dandy, I put the primer on the walls and I went watching TV. I went back in about 3 hours later and the primer that I just put on the wall was all bubbled!! not very happy with the whole thing I thought it might have been put on a little heavy so i popped one of the bubbles to see if it was still wet inside and no luck it was air. So I started to pull the air bubble off the wall and all the paint started to peel off. So four and a half hours later I had all the paint peeled off the walls and I had to start plastering again. Gee's I was so mad!! I called the company and they are giving me all my money back for the paint. Overall the it's really good paint. It was weird because there was two different colour primers painted on the walls. One was white and the other was tinted pink. (The lady said that it being tinted pink would make the red stand out more.) The pink one was the one that bubbled off. I can't figure it out I thought it might have been something with the tint :confused- :drool: :biggrinbo . Then when Meagan got home at about 12 am she asked it I was outside lately? I said no I was scraping the walls and she said that all the christmas lights had fallen off the house!! Gee's I hope christmas gets better!! I need liquor!!
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

liv
    yes.. a few rum&cokes or some whisky
    as for the paint.. u sure its not a reaction between oil-based and latex ?
    or the tint canot be mixed with these? the bullz eye primer is usually great.
    use benjamin moore paints.. a little pricy..but worth it.

i've seen that happen if you don't let the plaster dry long enough. did you use pre mixed or sheetrock?
    `

120S RR tank with 60G basement sump / fuge

Return Pump: Little Giant 4-MDQX SC
    Water Movement: MP40W, Seio 1500, (2) Hydor K4's
    Lighting: 400W SE MH with 10K Venture
    Skimmer: Euro-Reef RS250 with gate valve
    Other: RODI, RDSB, PO4/AC reactor

My Gallery

i used premixed. I think I found out what happened. The chiminey is directly behind where it was not drying. I figure the cold weather and the brick was transfering cold right through the wall. So I went down stairs and lit the fireplace. Problem solved. Well that and I turned on the Dehumdiifer to get some of the dampness out of the paint...or rather the air.
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

liv
    ya, humidity would definitly not help..
    good to know your luck is changing

Well I finally got the whore red on. I was going to leave the ceiling but I figured that I'm painting the whole room I may as well do that too. Looks pretty good. One more coat tomorrow morning and then paint the trim and finished. Oh and the christmas lights won't be comming down again!!!I went to Canadian tire and bought two more packs of clips. Lets just say that hurricane Katrina couldn't blow these off any more!!!!LOL
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

Wow that sucks,I hope that this coat will turn out better hyeah:
    My basement caught fire.Stupid neighbours.