Montreal/Quebec sightseeing suggestions?!

Any Montrealers or ppl been to Montreal here? I'm sure there are lots here

I'm planning on a trip, with PARENTS, to Montreal. I think we should be arriving at Montreal at ~ noon (or a lil earlier) and will stay in Montreal for TWO nights. We'll have to leave on the 3rd day in the morning (or noon at the latest) probably.

So what'r the things to see in Montreal? Keep it mind since there are parents involved, sporty things like skiing (not that u'd ski now in the summer) or extrememly exciting things like going to Wonderland or something is most likely not too good

If you'r to pick TWO things/places to see/go within Montreal as "must-see", what would they be?

I'm also thinking about heading north to Mont Tremblant Village, only 1-1/2 hr drive 1-way, not too bad. Is it good there?

How about old Quebec City? I heard it's god, but it's a 3hr 1-way drive from Montreal... it's do-able, but it better be really nice there

Any suggestion welcome.!!
    Hardwares: 50G reef tank, 30G sump & ~55lb Indo/Fiji LR. Finnex 36"x4 T5 lights, Coralife Superskimmer 220g, Mag9.5 return and SEIO820+MJ600 PH.
    Corals: zoosss, mushrooms, hammer, torch, fogsprawn, blasto, crocea clam, RBTA
    Fish: Percular clown PJ cardinal, royal gramma, yellow watchman goby, 3x chromis.

ijo
    I liked walking down the old Montreal.. don't ask me where it is but I am sure the locals there know what I'm talking about. The roads are made of bricks. If you like small custom shops... this place is packed with them.(I like hitting the restaurants and small coffee shops in that area)

IJO

I was there last week and I went to a bar downtown that was great. If you bought a bucket of beer they gave you a free t-shirt and the staff were super friendly. I think it was called the Downtown Bar on St Catherines. lol
    If my wife asks, it was only $20.

Hardware:
    220 Gal Mostly SPS Reef, 66 gal sump with refuge, 33 gal refugium, Gen-X Mak-5 Return, 3 x IceCap 250 MH, 2 x 110 VHO, Deltec APF600 Skimmer and a Deltec AP-600, Geo 6-18 Calcium Reactor, 2 x Tunze Stream 6100, Profilux Plus II EX Controller.

liv
    yes.. old montreal is great, lots of restaurants and things to see.
    there is also the BIODOME, Jardin botanique, insectarium, planetarium to see.
    my wife and I also go visit the huge IKEA when we are in MTL its big.. and nice when in quebec, go see the port, also go see the Aquarium de Quebec !
    its amazing ! there are loads of stuff todo.. all depends what you guys like to do... Tremblant is great, you can take the chair lift up and down or you can walk it up and down.. or just down... the view is nice.. but the restaurant at the top is very expensive for junk food.

have fun and take pics

liv
    You should also go visit the LFS in mtl and QC.. dont miss your chance to go see some other stores, see their setups, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    yes.. old montreal is great, lots of restaurants and things to see.
    there is also the BIODOME, Jardin botanique, insectarium, planetarium to see.
    my wife and I also go visit the huge IKEA when we are in MTL its big.. and nice when in quebec, go see the port, also go see the Aquarium de Quebec !....

So which part exactly is "old montreal"?

What's the "port" in quebec?

Woh, didn't even know the existance of Aquarium de Quebec... that can be a possible destination

Unfortuantely, dont' think we'll have to time to visit LFS tho. The trip costs too much to spend time on LFS, my parents and my sister all coming from out of Canada... just the 3 set of plane tickets alone cost $6000Cdn, for only ~ 1 week..... sheeesh didn't even realise how much $$ it really is till I typed it up :bigeek:
    Hardwares: 50G reef tank, 30G sump & ~55lb Indo/Fiji LR. Finnex 36"x4 T5 lights, Coralife Superskimmer 220g, Mag9.5 return and SEIO820+MJ600 PH.
    Corals: zoosss, mushrooms, hammer, torch, fogsprawn, blasto, crocea clam, RBTA
    Fish: Percular clown PJ cardinal, royal gramma, yellow watchman goby, 3x chromis.

liv
    for that price.. go down south !! and swim on a reef..
    actually.. for less then 1/2 that price you could get everyone down south and have a blast.

I would like to visit canada too.. but the prices of tickets and hotels are ridiculously expensive.. and i love to swim in the ocean.

the Port of Quebec ( where boats come to dock ).
    I was at the aquarium quite a few years ago.. was great back then, must be amazing now with all the saltwater stuff. I think they also have one of those glass tunnel

http://www.sepaq.com/paq/en/

but I say go to mexico or cuba, jamaica..etc

liv
    while in montreal, there is "La Ronde" or now i think its called 6 flags.
    http://www.laronde.com/larondeen/rides.asp

its an amusement park.. rides etc.. fun stuff.

old Montreal is really the old port of Montreal. Try this Google search

oh... and just walking around Ste-Catherine street can be fun too.
    65g - 80lbs LR - 4x36" 39W T5 HOs (2x10000K,2xActinics) - CSS125 - 25g sump - Mag 7 return - Blueline SD-1100 Closed Loop with OM Squirt * 2x Amphiprion ocellaris - 1x Paracanthurus hepatus - 1x Zebrasoma flavescens
    29g - with stuff ;-)
    Coming Soon - 120g with more stuff