Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How do you all catch your fish in the tank

I have two sneaky damsels (3 stripe damsels) and I want to get them out of my tank (going to give them back to the petstore). Cause I went and got a yellow tail damsel.

Now I have tried scooping them in teh net. Nope, they hide in the rock work.

Tried leaving said net in the water for climatization. Nope, the damsels will NOT come out of the rock work with those nets.

So i either go "fishing" with hooks, or drain the whole darn fish tank to get two lousy damsels.

Unless anyone else has an alternate way to catch em.

They wont' even go in the few conk shells I have as hidey places for fish. They prefer to hide UNDER the conk shells 8\

And the reason why I am giving them back to the fish store is because I want the yellow tail damsel to be in the tank instead of those ugly damsels.
    Yellow tail juvi's are AWESOME looking.
    90 gal tank
    200 gal power fussion skimmer

1 firefish, 1 wrasse, 1 juvi yellow tang, 1 watchman gobi
    70 pounds free Live sand,200 pounds free Live rock
    1 power heads,

Welcome to the club!!!

It's called tearing down the rockwork...or you might be lucky using the plexiglass method.

Most of the time i end up taking the rock out and i know it's pain in the bum big time.

Good luck!
    10gal. Freshwater "Guppies"
    37gal Oceanic Saltwater Reef (in the work)
    125gal. Saltwater "Reef" (Shared tank with my dad...lol)

hey man, i got a good idea taking that darn fish out of your tank. here's an idea, as soon as the lights went off during time or normaly when your lights turn off wait for a half an hour. you know the light went on during the day all the fish are its kinda stress that you may able to get him out your tank . put your light's back on and you will see them staring to come out a bit stress though but it easy to get him out off your tank. rather to push all your rocks starting to get mess all your tank. nobody likes that right so thats for sure this idea would work. i have done it before withouth moving all my rocks actually easy to do:b15::b15: this way rather taking all it out your livestcok in your tank , you know extra work for you. until next time goodluck with your damsel ... by the way buying damsel isn't good thing , you know its a pain in the ass . i rather to buy green chromis seeing them swimming all together in my tank and besides its not aggressive than other damsel. until next time

Quote Originally Posted by Powder18 View Post
    hey man, i got a good idea taking that darn fish out of your tank. here's an idea, as soon as the lights went off during time or normaly when your lights turn off wait for a half an hour. you know the light went on during the day all the fish are its kinda stress that you may able to get him out your tank . put your light's back on and you will see them staring to come out a bit stress though but it easy to get him out off your tank. rather to push all your rocks starting to get mess all your tank. nobody likes that right so thats for sure this idea would work. i have done it before withouth moving all my rocks actually easy to do:b15::b15: this way rather taking all it out your livestcok in your tank , you know extra work for you. until next time goodluck with your damsel ... by the way buying damsel isn't good thing , you know its a pain in the ass . i rather to buy green chromis seeing them swimming all together in my tank and besides its not aggressive than other damsel. until next time
    I no oblais espaniole
    90 gal tank

1 power heads,

Quote Originally Posted by BIGGUNSAR View Post
    I no oblais espaniole
    :b10:

:012:
    225g SSB display, World Fish Custom Sump/Fuge/Filter, H&S A250-2X1260, h&S sulphur reactor, Reeflo Dart 3600g return on a wavy sea plus, 4X Tunze 6101, Deltec PF600, Octopus 3000, Aquazone Ozone 100,
    Lights: 2X250W 10K XMs, 1X400W10K XM, 6XT5s Al lights controlled by AC Jr.

Thumbs up

you need either a fish trap or remove most of the rock.

also, I see no mention of any spanish language being used?? I do see someone who's first language is not english like a large percentage of canada.
    therefore I find your comment very offensive as should POWDER18

can a MOD please edit BIGGUNS post and send a warning thanksyou

Quote Originally Posted by john rock View Post
    you need either a fish trap or remove most of the rock.

also, I see no mention of any spanish language being used?? I do see someone who's first language is not english like a large percentage of canada.
    therefore I find your comment very offensive as should POWDER18

can a MOD please edit BIGGUNS post and send a warning thanksyou
    Who the heck put sand in your mangina John? Jesus H. Humour isn't a strong point of yours is it.
    I dont' know why you got a hate on for me. But..that's something you need to deal with.

I was joking about the users english. Unfortunately. I didn't send you a memo on the subtilities of humour. So I am not surprised you didnt' understand it.

And I think powder18 knows I was joking. But incase he didn't, cause he's johns twin.
    Sorry for joking with you powder.
    90 gal tank

1 power heads,

liv
    hey guys,
    lets try to keep this site free from social/racial slurs & jokes.
    BIGGUNSAR, I've PM'd ya

liv
    as for the main question:
    make yourself a trap out of acrylic.

basically, take for example a 6" acrylic tube, seal one end with acrylic.
    the other end, make a slide out of acrylic and a piece of square acrylic to close the lid on the tube, use fishing line to hold the trap/slide up above the opening, add food, wait for fish to go in and close.. you end up with a low-stress and contains already water for you to carry the fish away to your sump. let me know if you need more details.

LOL

Every thread you make ends like this. Enjoy emptying that tank, dude.
    Don't Panic Feel free to visit my blog -> Internet Tough Guy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast