Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Big als price match

I am going today and need to know. Quick question guys, I went to BA yesterday and the price for an item I wanted is 10 dollars cheaper on their website than in the store. Do they price match to the online store or not?
    150 (reef) 56 (FOWLR)
    75 gal sump 25 gal refuge
    300lbs CaribSea Aragonite Reef Sand
    280 lbs of Assorted rock
    Tunze 9010 skimmer, Current USA 48" Fixture
    1 cleaner shrimp, pistol shrimp
    50 blue legged hermit, 15 nausaurus/astrea snails
    Yellow tang, 2 clowns, 1 blue chromis, 1 yellow watchman 1 corral beauty
    Colt coral, Frogspawn, Bubble, Donut coral, Mushrooms,Starburst green, Green and orange polyps an Umbrella coral, Purple Long Tentacle Anemone.

ijo
    I'm not sure... even though they posted price matching... it used to be very tough to ge them to match anything(they would always come up with an excuse). I did hear it was a lot easier these days... give it a shot and see what they say.

IJO

There price match is nothing shorter than false advertising in the two experiences that I had.

They would match the price of another Canadian web site(that's fine).But they would also charge delivery the site would charge but not actually deliver it.

IMO it's not matched.

Guess they don't think I used gas getting over there either.
    100G Reef
    Purple,Blue,Yellow and Sailfin Tangs.Damsel,Clown and Coral Beauty,Fosters Hawkfish.
    Many mixed corals and clams.
    65G fuge in basement.
    Mag 24 return,RODI,2 Phosban reactors and UV.
    620w in DT.

I've had a good experience with price matching with BA in the east end.
    I printed the other store's product and they price matched without hassle.
    55G CSS 3004, 2 Seio 620, 220WT5HO lighting, Yellow tang, yellow tail damsel, 2 clownfish, 1 shrimp, pulsing, soft corals.

Quote Originally Posted by bebitte70 View Post
    I've had a good experience with price matching with BA in the east end.
    I printed the other store's product and they price matched without hassle.
    You should mention the location.It's nice hearing positive stories.
    100G Reef
    Purple,Blue,Yellow and Sailfin Tangs.Damsel,Clown and Coral Beauty,Fosters Hawkfish.
    Many mixed corals and clams.
    65G fuge in basement.
    Mag 24 return,RODI,2 Phosban reactors and UV.
    620w in DT.

Well I am back and they priced matched to their site. Unit was reg 169, on sale for 159. Web site was 149 so I asked. Right what was said above, we "will have to charge you shipping". So we looked it up and anything over a certain amount this week has free shipping. So I got it for 149. You have to talk to the right people over there and you can get along with some of them better than others. Oh, als east end too.
    150 (reef) 56 (FOWLR)
    280 lbs of Assorted rock
    Colt coral, Frogspawn, Bubble, Donut coral, Mushrooms,Starburst green, Green and orange polyps an Umbrella coral, Purple Long Tentacle Anemone.

Do your homework and don't take shit from them when it comes to price matches with the online store. Onething that should be noted is that the online store delivers your items for FREE when it's $35 or more.... Anything under $35 is $5 shipping.... Keep that in mind when you price match at the store in person for when they try that "oh but they charge you shipping" BS. Besides, you took the time to drive to their store, you're shipping the item by carrying it out of their store and putting it in your car yourself.... Also, if they give you a hard time about it, and you know you can get it conveniently delivered to your house cheaper then what they want to sell it to you for, then you do what I do and don't go into their store ever again.
    120g AGA~145 lbs Haitian LR~DA Reef Keeper 2 Controller~Dual 14k 250 DE MH's~Dual Overflows~Dual 250w Jager Heaters~Dual 96W Actinics~30g Sump/Refugium~Mag 12 Return~140 lbs Reefgrade Caribsea Aragonite~BubbleKing 180 Skimmer~Phosban Reactor~GEO Kalk Reactor~Powerheads:MP40w/Seio 820/modified Powersweep 270 with Hydor rotating deflector~Digital lighting timer for moon/fuge lighting~7 stage RODI filtration~Quarantine: modified 12.5g Marineland Eclipse

they should give you a discount for picking it up!
    online price - shipping.
    225g SSB display, World Fish Custom Sump/Fuge/Filter, H&S A250-2X1260, h&S sulphur reactor, Reeflo Dart 3600g return on a wavy sea plus, 4X Tunze 6101, Deltec PF600, Octopus 3000, Aquazone Ozone 100,
    Lights: 2X250W 10K XMs, 1X400W10K XM, 6XT5s Al lights controlled by AC Jr.

Last year I had a simalar problem when I traded in my freshwater fish. They said the cash register was setup for 20% off automatically. So when they gave me the trade in rate, (1/2 price regular) minus 20%. They try to rip you off anyway they can. I find the west end store to be a little better to deal with.
    150 (reef) 56 (FOWLR)
    280 lbs of Assorted rock

liv
    I have had similar issues with salt on a few occasions where they wouldn't match their competitor a few hundred feet from them. I turned around and asked myself: why do I even bother ? and walked out.

If i'm not happy with what they tell me, I just walk out, their loss..

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast