Thread: Ironic!!

Ironic!!

So I get up this morning and look at the aquarium and log on to AC like I do every morning. I decide to look at one of the sponsors site and begin dreaming of all the stuff I want :b2:. I come across a autotop off system and think to myself that I really need to invest or build one of these units. Couldn't even get it out of my mouth fast enough. #@$&, RO/DI unit on all night. Get up and run to my fill up room and sure enough, flood....:b7:
    Now that was funny.... Laughed about it while I cleaned up.... :b1:
    150 (reef) 56 (FOWLR)
    75 gal sump 25 gal refuge
    300lbs CaribSea Aragonite Reef Sand
    280 lbs of Assorted rock
    Tunze 9010 skimmer, Current USA 48" Fixture
    1 cleaner shrimp, pistol shrimp
    50 blue legged hermit, 15 nausaurus/astrea snails
    Yellow tang, 2 clowns, 1 blue chromis, 1 yellow watchman 1 corral beauty
    Colt coral, Frogspawn, Bubble, Donut coral, Mushrooms,Starburst green, Green and orange polyps an Umbrella coral, Purple Long Tentacle Anemone.

Ive dropped 45+ gallons on the floor because the "wife" forgot to turn it off! Thank god for laminate floor because it seems to not buckle or warp... yet...

We are lucky enough to have a concrete floor slab that has a gap so the water runs down there first.

ijo
    same here... the good news is now the floods happen right beside the floor drain... the wife is not happy but cleanup is about 5 minutes.

IJO

liv
    ya,... it cost me 7k about 3 years ago for that mistake.

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

I use a kent float valve on my 44g brute containers.

I didin't even take the chance because it's not a matter of "if" it's gonna happen, it's a matter of "when" :b2:

All my buckets and water mixing area is located right inside of a grundgy shower stall in my basement that's never used. Thank god. I'd have flooded the place about 10 times already if I had it anywhere else.
    120g AGA~145 lbs Haitian LR~DA Reef Keeper 2 Controller~Dual 14k 250 DE MH's~Dual Overflows~Dual 250w Jager Heaters~Dual 96W Actinics~30g Sump/Refugium~Mag 12 Return~140 lbs Reefgrade Caribsea Aragonite~BubbleKing 180 Skimmer~Phosban Reactor~GEO Kalk Reactor~Powerheads:MP40w/Seio 820/modified Powersweep 270 with Hydor rotating deflector~Digital lighting timer for moon/fuge lighting~7 stage RODI filtration~Quarantine: modified 12.5g Marineland Eclipse

My RO/DI has a 20 gallon reservoir, and auto start/stop system. But, being the trusting sole I am, I also added a safety overflow so if the RO/DI doesn't shut off, it simply flows down the drain.
    Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.