Scuba Diving Vacations

Not sure of were to apply this thread but... Im thinking of going on a vacation. Some where sunny,beaches and great scuba diving. I don't really care about other activites , I just want to go somewhere quiet and scuba and snorkel 24/7. Id love to do a night dive too and cage dive with sharks:b9:But of coarse $$$ is a factor. Anybody been or know of any great places to go??

Vacation

Punta Cana !! Will let you have some fun ,

Cage shark not sure , But you can go scuba and swim with Nurse shark ,

Pretty big too ... As for Scuba .. Choose a resort where the beach give you the opportunity to do so ... so you don't have to spend money to go on Tour every day .... I went 2 times in Punta Cana and love diving , Snorkeling over that place ...

Cuba would be another alternative .. as well .. the dream place of all .. Cozumel !!

Hope this help

If you go to Cozumel ... Check pricing in Riviera Maya .. normally way cheaper and you can take the Taxi boat to cozumel for around 15$ ..
    and take about 25minutes

Make save lots of money going to Riviera maya
    and taxi to cozumel .. dont be fooled .. you still can dive in Riviera maya .. and snorkel around !!

turks and caicos, st. thomas... both incredible

Quote Originally Posted by jxb647 View Post
    turks and caicos.....
    i don't know where to go but oddly enough i watched a show on the 200 miles of reefs found around the Turks and Caicos islands on TVO yesterday :b2: they said it was in the top 10 places to dive in the world.
    `

120S RR tank with 60G basement sump / fuge

Return Pump: Little Giant 4-MDQX SC
    Water Movement: MP40W, Seio 1500, (2) Hydor K4's
    Lighting: 400W SE MH with 10K Venture
    Skimmer: Euro-Reef RS250 with gate valve
    Other: RODI, RDSB, PO4/AC reactor

My Gallery

i remember seeing some article online about belize being something like top 5 snorkling or diving locations in the world...

Cozumel was great, lots of fish, barricuda, turtles, eels etc. Also saw the biggest lobster ever!! Very commercial and touristy though.

Roatan (Just off Honduras) was even better. Beautiful corals, tons of fish and rays and sharks etc.. Went on a shark dive, honestly the most thrilling and scary thing I've ever done ! No cage, just take a boat out into the open ocean, pull yourself down an anchor line, and sit on the bottom in a group while the dive master opens a bucket of bloody fish and hand feeds the 12 foot long black tip reef sharks. ( he was wearing a steel mesh glove) I would love to attach the video, but it's on vhs. Supposed to be the best place to see whale sharks too, but we didn't see any. It depends on the time of year. Nice and secluded feeling, but stay on the resort at night. It's a very rough place. Our divemaster took us into "town" one night, and after everyone checked their guns at the door, we drank cheap booze at one of the scariest clubs you can imagine. People shooting up in the washrooms, playing with knives on the dancefloor, etc... Other than the night life, highly recomended for diving.

I dove off the island of Grand Turk just in december. About 40-45 feet down and it was incredible, like nothing ive ever seen before. I've heard people say its one of the best in the caribean. Most of the places better than it are in australia, fiji and the likes

Quote Originally Posted by a4twenty View Post
    i don't know where to go but oddly enough i watched a show on the 200 miles of reefs found around the Turks and Caicos islands on TVO yesterday :b2: they said it was in the top 10 places to dive in the world.

Heading to the Grand Turks a week from tomorrow,annual family winter vacation,and the resort we're at has reefs meters from the main beach.Snorkeling and scuba diving are highly recommended and out of T.O. is a direct flight.There are many reasonably priced places on the Turks and Caicos,I'd check the net.Good Luck.

GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by ZXZXZ View Post
    Not sure of were to apply this thread but... Im thinking of going on a vacation. Some where sunny,beaches and great scuba diving. I don't really care about other activites , I just want to go somewhere quiet and scuba and snorkel 24/7. Id love to do a night dive too and cage dive with sharks:b9:But of coarse $$$ is a factor. Anybody been or know of any great places to go??
    Molikini crater off Maui was incredible - you can dive in the crater or dive the back wall - both excellent. The Coral Gardens close to Lahaina were also incredible. Two long flights from Ottawa to get there but it wouldn't be nearly as rough flying from AB.

Cheers,

Greg