Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New house coming...

Well I have been so busy lately that this is the first time to look at the board in a week. Well as it says above, bought a new house last week. Nice bungalow on a one acre lot with oversized double car garage. The best part is the two laundry facilities; one on main and one in basement. You know what that means, basement is going to be the fish room. When I saw it, I knew right away it was the fish room. Oh and the garage was great bonus too for all the toys.
    So, now came time to sell my house to get the other one. Put it on the market tuesday, sold yesterday. The nice part is I got couple grand over asking price. We couldn't be happier.
    We went out to look at appliances for the new house. Told the wife get what ever you want.... :b1: She went stainless steel, huge fridge and stove, microwave. With the extra money that we were not expecting, we upgraded the appliances.
    After the splurge on the appliances, she felt guilty that I spent so much money on her and said I should get something for myself..... LOL....
    Little does she know I went and priced up a 265 gallon perfecto today... :b3:
    I just have to upgrade a few things in the house first to fit the new tank and here it comes....
    I just wanted to share some of our good fortune with you guys... We are so happy how things went with selling the house and the purchase of the new one. This was so stressful but so worth it in the end.
    150 (reef) 56 (FOWLR)
    75 gal sump 25 gal refuge
    300lbs CaribSea Aragonite Reef Sand
    280 lbs of Assorted rock
    Tunze 9010 skimmer, Current USA 48" Fixture
    1 cleaner shrimp, pistol shrimp
    50 blue legged hermit, 15 nausaurus/astrea snails
    Yellow tang, 2 clowns, 1 blue chromis, 1 yellow watchman 1 corral beauty
    Colt coral, Frogspawn, Bubble, Donut coral, Mushrooms,Starburst green, Green and orange polyps an Umbrella coral, Purple Long Tentacle Anemone.

Woo hoo. :b2: Congratulations. Soon time for another build thread.

congrats on the quick and profitable sale! Now enjoy the fun of moving ;-)
    65g - 80lbs LR - 4x36" 39W T5 HOs (2x10000K,2xActinics) - CSS125 - 25g sump - Mag 7 return - Blueline SD-1100 Closed Loop with OM Squirt * 2x Amphiprion ocellaris - 1x Paracanthurus hepatus - 1x Zebrasoma flavescens
    29g - with stuff ;-)
    Coming Soon - 120g with more stuff

Awesome slowma! We're looking to move too.. possible south, possible worldwide. All I know is my new house is going to be conducive to a large reef setup
    Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated!

I would have said NO new appliances! We'll get a super big FISH TANK instead!!! Where abouts did you purchase this new crib?
    120g AGA~145 lbs Haitian LR~DA Reef Keeper 2 Controller~Dual 14k 250 DE MH's~Dual Overflows~Dual 250w Jager Heaters~Dual 96W Actinics~30g Sump/Refugium~Mag 12 Return~140 lbs Reefgrade Caribsea Aragonite~BubbleKing 180 Skimmer~Phosban Reactor~GEO Kalk Reactor~Powerheads:MP40w/Seio 820/modified Powersweep 270 with Hydor rotating deflector~Digital lighting timer for moon/fuge lighting~7 stage RODI filtration~Quarantine: modified 12.5g Marineland Eclipse

congratulations on the new house and possible upgrade :b2:

i have to walk past one of the those 265G's every time i go to get food, they are gorgeous.
    `

120S RR tank with 60G basement sump / fuge

Return Pump: Little Giant 4-MDQX SC
    Water Movement: MP40W, Seio 1500, (2) Hydor K4's
    Lighting: 400W SE MH with 10K Venture
    Skimmer: Euro-Reef RS250 with gate valve
    Other: RODI, RDSB, PO4/AC reactor

My Gallery

liv
    congrats !! can't wait to see pics of the new setup !!

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

Quote Originally Posted by Porcupinepuffer View Post
    I would have said NO new appliances! We'll get a super big FISH TANK instead!!! Where abouts did you purchase this new crib?
    I will leave that up to you to tell my wife. I hope you have a good body guard...:b2:

the house is between casselman and Limodge. It is a beautiful house and thanks to everyone for your comments.

As for the build, well I was at the house yesterday and did some measurements and a 265 won't fit right now. The oil tank is in the way right now so I am going to upgrade the the hvac system first to natural gas. Next will be the tank. But I will have a detailed build when I start.
    150 (reef) 56 (FOWLR)
    280 lbs of Assorted rock
    Colt coral, Frogspawn, Bubble, Donut coral, Mushrooms,Starburst green, Green and orange polyps an Umbrella coral, Purple Long Tentacle Anemone.

Quote Originally Posted by solowma View Post
    The oil tank is in the way right now so I am going to upgrade the the hvac system first to natural gas. Next will be the tank. But I will have a detailed build when I start.

Good idea. That reminds me, my oil tank needs to be filled soon. It will cost close to $1000 to have it topped up.
    120g AGA~145 lbs Haitian LR~DA Reef Keeper 2 Controller~Dual 14k 250 DE MH's~Dual Overflows~Dual 250w Jager Heaters~Dual 96W Actinics~30g Sump/Refugium~Mag 12 Return~140 lbs Reefgrade Caribsea Aragonite~BubbleKing 180 Skimmer~Phosban Reactor~GEO Kalk Reactor~Powerheads:MP40w/Seio 820/modified Powersweep 270 with Hydor rotating deflector~Digital lighting timer for moon/fuge lighting~7 stage RODI filtration~Quarantine: modified 12.5g Marineland Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by Porcupinepuffer View Post
    Good idea. That reminds me, my oil tank needs to be filled soon. It will cost close to $1000 to have it topped up.
    OH MY GOD... First thing first... Mental note... DO CONVERSION TO NATURAL GAS!!!!
    150 (reef) 56 (FOWLR)
    280 lbs of Assorted rock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast