Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

gamers, what platform do you like??

we have been talking about DSL vs cable and mentioning a few games, i was just wondering what platform you guys play on?

i was an original XBox guy ( PC for years before ) but stopped playing when the 360 came out and XBox Live became kinda lonely. i have been playing my PSP ( online free ) and a few PC games since but am thinking i need to get back into it.

the prices of the newer systems ( Xbox360 and PS3 ) are starting to drop and was wondering which you guys prefer. the title i used to love on XBox hasn't been continued to the 360 and i don't like having to pay for online service that is hosted on my unit anyway. so the PS3 looks like a winner to me..........
    `

120S RR tank with 60G basement sump / fuge

Return Pump: Little Giant 4-MDQX SC
    Water Movement: MP40W, Seio 1500, (2) Hydor K4's
    Lighting: 400W SE MH with 10K Venture
    Skimmer: Euro-Reef RS250 with gate valve
    Other: RODI, RDSB, PO4/AC reactor

My Gallery

I have both a 360 and ps3. Plus I do some pc gaming too. My 360 crapped out on me months ago. 3 red lights of doom. (older system than the ones you get now) So I went out and bought the ps3. Very happy with it and it also acts as my bluray player too. Titles for the 360 seem to be better though. Just my 0.02...
    150 (reef) 56 (FOWLR)
    75 gal sump 25 gal refuge
    300lbs CaribSea Aragonite Reef Sand
    280 lbs of Assorted rock
    Tunze 9010 skimmer, Current USA 48" Fixture
    1 cleaner shrimp, pistol shrimp
    50 blue legged hermit, 15 nausaurus/astrea snails
    Yellow tang, 2 clowns, 1 blue chromis, 1 yellow watchman 1 corral beauty
    Colt coral, Frogspawn, Bubble, Donut coral, Mushrooms,Starburst green, Green and orange polyps an Umbrella coral, Purple Long Tentacle Anemone.

Quote Originally Posted by solowma View Post
    Just my 0.02...
    hey thats exactly what i'm asking for :b2:
    `

My Gallery

My platform of choice is the 360!

It's by far the greatest console I've ever owned. I've had everything, from Atari, Sega, Sega Genesis, NES, Super Nintendo, N64, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Xbox, Wii, 360 (and have played PS3 religiously at my good friends)

I love 360. If you have a PC it syncs up perfectly with movies, music, pictures..etc
    The game titles are amazing. The controls feel just right for the hands. On the right HD TV I swear it looks better than PS3 anyday.
    I would have to say the only competition between PS3 and 360 would be the blueray player built in to PS3.
    And yeah, it's a kick in the rear to have to pay for Xbox Live, but once you get a year long card - it's much more interactive and fun than PS3.

Just make sure whatever you do, you get a newer Microsoft Console so you don't get the red ring of death. I've been through 3 consoles until Microsoft bit the bullet and sent me a newer model. Even that being said - they were VERY quick and honoured the free waranty.
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better -Albert Einstein

lol, it can't be as bad as the spontaneously combusting power cords from the original XBox :b13:

i loved my XBox but the thing that really bothered me was that online ( costs $$$ ) because the games are actual hosted on your XBox the host had a distinct advantage. correct me if i'm wrong the PS3's games are hosted for free on Sony's servers ( they are for the PSP, i think they use the PS2 servers ).

why are these important decisions always the toughest to make :b7:
    `

My Gallery

Your right. Playing online is free for the PS3..

But when you look at it -
    I'd play COD3 on PS3 at my friends house and on average there were maybe 3000 people online
    On 360, there is on average over 30,000 people online

360 has many advantages but it's single disadvantage in the costly online play. All it takes is one $60 card and you're online for a whole year + 1 month
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better -Albert Einstein

ijo
    I've had pretty much all the systems except for the 360 and PS3... We purchased a Wii last christmas and was very impressed with the system. The controls are awesome and games are fun but I don't think the system was geared for adults(we did purchase it for our 11 year old).

If I had to do it again... I would go with a 360 this time around but I recently built a media center and have started loading PC games on. I doubt we will see a 360 in our near future.

IJO

Quote Originally Posted by IJO View Post
    I've had pretty much all the systems except for the 360 and PS3... We purchased a Wii last christmas and was very impressed with the system. The controls are awesome and games are fun but I don't think the system was geared for adults(we did purchase it for our 11 year old).

If I had to do it again... I would go with a 360 this time around but I recently built a media center and have started loading PC games on. I doubt we will see a 360 in our near future.

IJO
    lol, that's the reason I got rid of my Wii.. I bought it for myself but grew tired of the games fast

liv
    I've had most of the systems out there.. only missing the ps3... and i'm waiting for the real version of GT4 to get it.

problem with today's consoles is that most games suck horribly. you really gotta read the reviews and rent the games before purchasing or else you will get burned.

I love the wii for its cheaper ($$) games and accessories. also most of the games I love to play are multiplayer like the raving rabbids 1,2, the super mario galaxy, super monkey balls deluxe, etc.
    I am very disapointed in the wii's resolution. 480p.. come on.. we are in 2008!
    my original xbox does 1080i ! Super Mario galaxy was absolutely stunning.. a must if you own a wii. Where's Pilot wing ??

I do like my x360, again most games suck and I get tired way too quickly to purchase them and find renting to be great. I do like rockband, specially when we are 4 playing, I also got gta4.. but got tired of the got fetch this type game. Forza was ok, but i was hoping for something more involved like GT3 was on the ps2. the graphics on the x360 are gorgious !.. 1080p finally
    I do stream from my pc to the x360.. but I find a pc in the living room to be the best option.

I do find myself going back to the wii often.. specially with friends around.
    if I like a game.. i usually wait a while and get it on ebay for 10-15$ or usedottawa.

for easy multiplayer games.. specially when they are beside you and not on the net.. the wii hands down is the winner... have a few drinks, popcorn and hours of fun on Friday nights .. these parties usually finish Sat morning sometime.

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

liv
    oh.. and pc is great for gaming too.. but again.. Im having a hard time finding a game I like alot.
    I did love Crysis.. that was a wicked game! graph intensive.. but great.
    I will probebly jump on Diablo3 when it comes out for sure... but another year to wait..

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast