Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bell TV Sucks!

Bell TV Sucks!

Rant ahead..... (rather long)

So I have been a loyal Bell satellite subscriber for over 6 years now paying for most of their channels after shelling out hundreds for an early PVR. Well the time comes that the PVR is dying so I look for replacements and also at the new HD world (I have the TV figured I should use it). Lo and behold Bell has a new HDPVR with dual tuner for on $300. Great deal I'm sold so I drive the hour (yeah I live in the boonies) to the nearest Bell store last night, walk in made the sales guy's day when I just said I'll take that. He starts ringing it in and says that will be $680. Then it began.

I am told that as a new customer I get the deal but as a loyal long term customer I get the shaft. I was not impressed so he hands me the phone to dial Alexander Graham Bell himself and see what he could do. So I am standing in the store with my Wife and kids on hold. After 15minutes I finally talk to someone who of course can't help me, so puts me on hold and then comes back with the right department and will transfer me. Well 30 minutes later I still on hold and irate that I hang up after talking to no one. The store is so busy at this point I can't even talk to someone to cancel my services so we drive home another hour.

This morning I started again by calling and more promptly get in touch with the customer loyalty department (they are so bad at service they have an entire department to try and smooth over the crap!). After talking, explaining, yelling and then threatening I finally get told that they would like to keep me and will honor the new customer price but I have to pay full up front and they will credit my account. Fine so off to the store to now get the new receiver and dish.

Fortunately I have the day off today so I am able to go to a store the is closer to home but still 20 minutes away. Purchase the receiver and get told that I need a new dish to work with the new receiver but that stores no longer carry these and I have to call Alex again. Great more time on hold. So I thought I would make my drive home productive and call Bell to arrange for my new dish. I ask for a dish to be dropped off by the local guy (who was just here Wed to figure out the problem) so that I could do the install myself. I am told that they cannot do that, I need an appointment and can either pay $60 to have one tomorrow or wait over a week. I think I came across as a little frustrated and suddenly she coughed up the option of an upgrade kit that I could purchase and install to the dish and then they would reimburse me. Fine I just want to get on with things and resolve the issue.

So I call around for this upgrade kit and of course only the Bell stores actually carry it. Another 1 hour drive to the store and 1 hour drive home, and the gas just jump up $0.13 overnight, there is no way I am doing that. So it's back to the phone, to the front line support, who didn't want to transfer me back to the department of smoothing over crap. So after several minutes of convincing him he really didn't want to talk to me he transfers me. So again I reiterate my story (by this time I should have been chugging hard alcohol) and she responds with simple confirmation that all the issues I have been having is correct and standard. With the Star Choice pamplet in my hand I ask her if she can confirm that this is still the current number for her competition. So suddenly she is much more helpful. She suddenly has the power to give me an appointment tomorrow afternoon to have it fully installed and the charges have vanished.

About time, now I expect when I get the next bill that the credits will not be correct and I will have to start calling again. In the end I ended up paying full price for the receiver with a $300 credit on my bill, as well as getting a more timely installation but to acheive that I have spend close to 10 hours fighting for it, and ~3 hours of that was driving. If your an existing Bell customer and thinking about upgrading good luck hopefully my experience will help make your move easier. If you are not a customer seriously consider your options.

Thanks for listening to my rant. Now I am going to start drinking, it's 5 o'clock somewhere!
    Rob
    -----
    Upgrade in the works! Keep looking for an update.

ijo
    hehe I feel your pain... I go through the same senario with videotron for tv and rogers for my phone. New customer deals should be avialable to existing customers. I usually call asking for the deal and tell them if I can not... I will cancel and go somewhere else. We actually dropped bell an went to videotron a while back... so far so good!!

IJO

we actually dropped ROGERS and went to BELL LOL. trust me, the same crap happens at ALL of them. the only reason for switching to BELL is the better feed signal for HD channels. via satellite

What's videotron?

When I still lived in cambridge I dropped rogers cable for bell satellite and then dropped the bell phone for rogers. I wish I could just drop them all.
    Rob
    -----
    Upgrade in the works! Keep looking for an update.

F2Air RULES!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by DARK View Post
    F2Air RULES!
    I agree FTA the only way to watch tv

Here

It's called

FTA

damnit, I should of read ahead before posting that - but I agree. I have FTA, a PVR Captiveworks 800 and it's great! EVERYTHING, all the time - free. The only bad thing is the downtime in between codes..

Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better -Albert Einstein

liv
    for Bell,
    You should make a complaint to Bell Expressvu, tell them what happened and tell them you expect the situation to be rectified.

so you call in, and right away ask for a manager or director. once you are speaking to one, take his name down, so if you gotta call back, ask for him again. Explain your situation. their job is to make customers happy.

They will bend backwards to rectify the situation. Most other places are like that too, you just gotta speak to the right person.

I had the exact same issue with them, finally after speaking with a manager, got it all rectified and also gave me a great deal.

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

GSM
    Absolutely Liv.

I had a very similar issue - called 4 different times while troubleshooting during the new card swap - it killed one of my receivers (an old 4700). They told me that model was no longer supported and I'd need to buy a new one. The only reason it didn't work was the new card was not compatible with the software on the 4700 and the 4700 couldn't download the new software.

After speaking to a manager twice - they gave me a new 9700 PVR to replace the 4700 for free. After I threatened to pull all my service of course.

Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    for Bell,
    You should make a complaint to Bell Expressvu, tell them what happened and tell them you expect the situation to be rectified.

so you call in, and right away ask for a manager or director. once you are speaking to one, take his name down, so if you gotta call back, ask for him again. Explain your situation. their job is to make customers happy.

They will bend backwards to rectify the situation. Most other places are like that too, you just gotta speak to the right person.

I had the exact same issue with them, finally after speaking with a manager, got it all rectified and also gave me a great deal.

liv
    wow, now thats a deal !
    see, just escalate until you reach someone that can actually do something for you. Its a bit sad that you have to make threats of leaving, but if its what you gotta do. The end result is your happy, and they kept a customer.. so everyone wins.

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast