Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Mercedes bens experience.(BAD)

I leased my car march 9 2006. Since then the service at Mercedes bens Laval (Auto classic) has been less than perfect! It has been horrific. The first bad experience was my first oil change or as they call it ďService AĒ they call it this so they are able to do a bunch of useless checkups on a NEW car and charge you an arm and leg. I called Mercedes to take an appointment for service A and got my appointment 6 weeks later, must be very busy I thought to myself. The next time I called Mercedes was to change my tires (winter tires) I called about a week ahead of time. I talked to the service department and the only appointment they could give me was 8 weeks later. I didnít take the appointment and chose to go to a private garage. I got them changed the very next day.

The next time I brought my car in I had problems with my transmission. I called and they asked me to bring my car in for a test drive. I did. After test driving they told me they didnít find anything.

I then called about 2-3 weeks later for the same problem, again they had me bring my car in to be looked at. This time I was told they would upgrade the software. They did. The car drove better for about two weeks after that back to the same thing.

A few weeks later as I was driving to work the car lost all power. I could floor it and all it would do is bock and hardly move. I was not too far from the dealer so I took the chance and headed in that direction. I made it there, walked in and told the service manager (Normand) that I thought the transmission may have gone. He test drove the car and saw it was going nowhere. They gave me a loaner and I went on my way. I got a call a couple hours later and they told me it was a sensor that had gone and not my transmission. I asked them if they could also check the tranny because it was back to the same tricks lately. They told me they would and that I would be able to pick my car up the next day. The following day I went to pick up my car and they told me they had upgraded the software in the tranny (again) and changed the sensor.

By now I was familiar with Mercedes service policies so whenever I saw a service coming up I would call and make an appointment WAY in advance. ďService BĒ was creeping up so I called 6-8 weeks in advance and got my appointment as projected. I brought my car in. A few hours later I got a call from Mercedes. The lady on the phone explained to me that my brakes would be ok up until my next service but if I wanted I could have them changed today. I asked her not to, since they would be ok till the next service.

Two weeks later I brought my car in to change my tires at the same private garage I had changed my tires in last year. The mechanic there told me I could seriously hurt myself if I didnít change my brakes. He told me that I was driving metal on metal. I then called Mercedes.
    The service manager (Normand) told me that no one ever told me this and proceeded to argue with me. He told me that if I wanted to change my brakes I would have to wait six weeks!. I hung up, called back and asked to speak with the sales manager. I got his voice mail and left him a message explaining my situation and how it was handled by the service manager. I also asked for him to call me back. The person that called me back was NORMAND! The only person I did not want to talk to. I hung up the phone on him called back and left another message for the sales manager to call me back. I never received a phone call.

I called another Mercedes dealer explained to them my situation and they gave me an appointment the very next week. They ended up changing all 4 discs and pads. $1300.00

Service A again. I get my car serviced.
    ONE week later my brakes are just not working well. I bring my car in and explain this to the one and only NORMAND, he walks into the garage; pops open my hood and checks the oil level. He then walks out and comes back with a bottle of oil. As he approaches my car he looks over at me and sarcastically says ďyou should check this every now and then you know!Ē. I look over at him and at this point I am not a happy camper. I yell back at him that I PAID HIM TO DO JUST THAT LAST WEEK!.

A few months later.
    Problems with power steering and my transmission. I call for an appointment and instead they ask me to come in for an evaluation before they can give me an appointment. I bring my car in the next day and get it test driven by a mechanic. The mechanic finds nothing wrong with neither the transmission nor the power steering but tells me that the transfer case is broken. We then proceed to the service counter and he explains the problem to the girl thatís there and asks for an appointment to fix the problem. The lady there tells me that all she has available would be in 6 weeks! or she could give me an appointment sooner but without a loaner. Knowing full well that thatís unacceptable I take the appointment for 6 weeks later.
    When I get back home I call Mercedes and ask to speak with the manager(again). After a heated and lengthy conversation the manager tells me that itís not that dangerous and that he would try and get me an appointment sooner and would call me back next week.
    No one ever calls me back. I then decide I would try and fix this with Mercedes Canada.

Phone call to Mercedes Canada.
    I call Mercedes and ask to speak with someone about a complaint I had. They ask me what area I am from and transfer me to a voice box. The voice box of Harry Clouy(spelling). I explain to him in short and ask that he get back to me. One week later no call back HAhahaha. I call back and insist I talk with him. Miraculously they find him and I explain to him my situation and frustration with Mercedes and my car. He tells me that he is going to talk with his supervisor and get back to me the very next day. One week later he has not called me back. I call back and get him on the phone again, he tells me he has not talked to his supervisor but will definitely talk to him today because he has made me wait so long and that he will get back to me the very next day. Again, one week later I call him and he gives me the same song. This happens one more time the following week. Today October 16, approximately one month after contacting Harry I called and asked to speak with his supervisor or anyone else but him. I got the voice box of Ann something. I again left a message. Letís see what happens next!! LOLHAHAHA Mercedes Bens what a joke...
    225g SSB display, World Fish Custom Sump/Fuge/Filter, H&S A250-2X1260, h&S sulphur reactor, Reeflo Dart 3600g return on a wavy sea plus, 4X Tunze 6101, Deltec PF600, Octopus 3000, Aquazone Ozone 100,
    Lights: 2X250W 10K XMís, 1X400W10K XM, 6XT5s Al lights controlled by AC Jr.

man thats pretty sucks Tony! I cant hardly believe the quality of Mercedes-benz service. I think you can do your service in any Mercedes dealer without problem. Thats what i am doing with my car. Bought it at Audi prestige but doing service at Park avenue. I find Park ave. to be much better with services and appointment. Everything is going fast! Leave the car for the day, get it at the end of the day, latest 2 days after... I would suggest you go to another dealer...
    Richard

Hobby Experience: Newbie
    600G system, Sifligoi3x400w with ACLS units, 2xH&S A200-2x1260, Schuran Jetstream 2 Ca reactor, 4xVortech Pump, Tunze Stream 6200, Tunze Wavebox, 4xWavy Sea Plus wavemaker, Oceans Motions 4 way, Prolifux Wireless Controller, Red Sea 100mg Ozonizer, Seachem Pinnacle 200GPD RO/DI

unfortunately that's what passes for "customer service" these days, it's insane what we put up with now. :b14: with only a few months left on your lease ( assuming 3 year ), you'd think they would be trying to make sure you lease another from them.

sounds like they are to fat from all the service work they do and you need to look for a new dealer, 6 - 8 weeks for an appointment ( especially and oil change, sorry "service A" :b15: ) is ridiculous, i get mad if its more than a day. mine is going in for warranty work today, appointment made yesterday 3 pm :b15:

i say stick with the dealer that did your brakes, they obviously want your business.
    `

120S RR tank with 60G basement sump / fuge

Return Pump: Little Giant 4-MDQX SC
    Water Movement: MP40W, Seio 1500, (2) Hydor K4's
    Lighting: 400W SE MH with 10K Venture
    Skimmer: Euro-Reef RS250 with gate valve
    Other: RODI, RDSB, PO4/AC reactor

My Gallery

liv
    I have a uncle that had the same troubles with his "compressor" model.
    brand new... out of the box.. a million glitches.. he says it worked great for about a month.. lol.

He says it spent more time in the garage then on the street.. never again he swore. He used to have bmw's and volvo's.. he's going back to bmw.

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

Quote Originally Posted by i2ik View Post
    man thats pretty sucks Tony! I cant hardly believe the quality of Mercedes-benz service. I think you can do your service in any Mercedes dealer without problem. Thats what i am doing with my car. Bought it at Audi prestige but doing service at Park avenue. I find Park ave. to be much better with services and appointment. Everything is going fast! Leave the car for the day, get it at the end of the day, latest 2 days after... I would suggest you go to another dealer...
    Yup it SUCKS! Maybe I shoulda bought an Audi. The funny thing is we have two cars from them. My C280 4matic and my fathers S500. That's about 200k!

Quote Originally Posted by a4twenty View Post
    unfortunately that's what passes for "customer service" these days, it's insane what we put up with now. :b14: with only a few months left on your lease ( assuming 3 year ), you'd think they would be trying to make sure you lease another from them.

sounds like they are to fat from all the service work they do and you need to look for a new dealer, 6 - 8 weeks for an appointment ( especially and oil change, sorry "service A" :b15: ) is ridiculous, i get mad if its more than a day. mine is going in for warranty work today, appointment made yesterday 3 pm :b15:

i say stick with the dealer that did your brakes, they obviously want your business.
    My lease is going to be up in about 6 months (39month lease), so I will deff find another dealer for the meanwhile. What shocks me the most though is the customer service at Mercedes Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    I have a uncle that had the same troubles with his "compressor" model.
    brand new... out of the box.. a million glitches.. he says it worked great for about a month.. lol.

He says it spent more time in the garage then on the street.. never again he swore. He used to have bmw's and volvo's.. he's going back to bmw.
    Maybe me and your uncle should start a support group online...
    225g SSB display, World Fish Custom Sump/Fuge/Filter, H&S A250-2X1260, h&S sulphur reactor, Reeflo Dart 3600g return on a wavy sea plus, 4X Tunze 6101, Deltec PF600, Octopus 3000, Aquazone Ozone 100,

Wow. If I had that much breakdown on a car that is under 3 years old, I'd definately not get another.

If I had to deal with all that crap......all HELL would break loose!!!

I'm just a drop of water in an ocean of complaints! check this site out.

http://www.mercedes-benz-usa.com/

Wow, and I'm always getting beat up for buying domestics. My little pontiac vibe has 133,000kms and I've done NOTHING but oil. Still original brakes even, and still a fair amount of meat on them. I feel for ya though, to spend that much money on a car and not be able to properly enjoy it just isn't right....

I'm sorry but this just makes me laugh. I was a mechanic at a Mercedes dealer in the Toronto area for 7 years & can feel your pain.

The service with that brand has become a joke. I can tell you one thing though. If you father in law with his S class had called he would have had an appointment much sooner. Thats just the way they work.

I had enough of them & swore I would never work for MB again.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast