Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Eww - is liv getting a Ducati?

I noticed the recently added pictures includes a Ducati. Are you looking at one? That one from the Mtl bike show looks sweet. I ride a Yamaha Venture, a Japanese geezer glide. :b16: Cant wait until summer. Here is my baby.

180g with 2 x 54g corner bowfront bookends. 220 FOWLR in the works, 75g sump, 75g fuge, 75g QT.
    Solaris I4 72", 2 x 150 HQI Outer Orbit Pendants, Reeflo Orca 250, Profilux controller, Tunze 6101's and 6055's, Deltec CA Rx, PM Kalk Mixer, PM SR45 reactors.

liv
    he he.. nope no ducati for me..
    great bike for sure.

I ride a yammy as well !!!
    I've been rebuilding them in the winter, and driving them for a summer or 2.. then sell them to get another one to rebuild.. I think I like the rebuilding as much as the driving them.
    my current one is a modified xs400rj ( seca )
    i'll post pics of mine once i'm done with the rebuild.. more parts to sandblast, repair, paint etc... I also changed the exhaust, all lights, gauges etc.. changed paint color also.

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

What year is the Seca? I remember looking at one years ago. But I cannot remember if it was 85 or 78. I am not mechanically inclined at all. I can do an oil change and upgrade a few simple parts, but beyond that, I would not touch it. I am looking forward to some pictures.
    180g with 2 x 54g corner bowfront bookends. 220 FOWLR in the works, 75g sump, 75g fuge, 75g QT.
    Solaris I4 72", 2 x 150 HQI Outer Orbit Pendants, Reeflo Orca 250, Profilux controller, Tunze 6101's and 6055's, Deltec CA Rx, PM Kalk Mixer, PM SR45 reactors.

liv
    its an 82. great little bike, cheap on gas, loads of power for its weight.
    plenty for me

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

reefmania what kind of seat is that looks comfortable i drive a 95 honda shadow vt1100 looking at getting another seat like a mustang seat or something like that mine is old and used....i'm kind of hoping to get a goldwing soon but i don't think so that the way my job is going right now looks like i'll be stuck with my shadow for a while.

BTW: nice looking bike how big is that one

kermit,

The seat is the stock seat for the Midnight Venture. The newer Ventures have a pillow seat. I have heard they are even more comfortable. The Venture is a 4 cyclinder 1300cc. It is the same motor that was used in the V-max. The 2009 V-max has an 1800 cc motor. I am really hoping they put it in the 2010 Venture, because if they do, I am going to get a new bike next winter. :b2: If they do not, I may just take a serious look at the Victory vision.

I used to have a Suzuki C50 (800cc). It had (still has) a horrible seat. Most people I know changed to the Mustang and said they would never go back to anything else. I do not believe you can lose with a Mustang. Pricey, but worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by kermit View Post
    reefmania what kind of seat is that looks comfortable i drive a 95 honda shadow vt1100 looking at getting another seat like a mustang seat or something like that mine is old and used....i'm kind of hoping to get a goldwing soon but i don't think so that the way my job is going right now looks like i'll be stuck with my shadow for a while.

BTW: nice looking bike how big is that one

right now i have a corbin seat but i think its pretty worn out and beside my wife needs more padding she says so do i so i will try a mustang seat i think they are cheaper then the corbin seat....

Had to jump in. I'm sick everytime I see it covered in the garage. Won't be long now. Might even start it up in the next few days when the temperature rises into the plus side.

My battery is currently on a charger. :b16: I picked up the CTek 3300 this week. I can try out the charger AND fire up the bike. Canadian Tire has them on sale. Supposed to be one of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    Had to jump in. I'm sick everytime I see it covered in the garage. Won't be long now. Might even start it up in the next few days when the temperature rises into the plus side.

I have heard mixed reviews on the Corbin. Some people find them too firm. I did not get one for the Suzi because I have a skinny butt :b2: and am sure that I would be uncomfortable on this type seat. I ended up putting the Suzi gel seat and found it worked for me. I would like to have put a Mustang on, but did not have that kind of money at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by kermit View Post
    right now i have a corbin seat but i think its pretty worn out and beside my wife needs more padding she says so do i so i will try a mustang seat i think they are cheaper then the corbin seat....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast