Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    80

    Electrician in Orleans?

    I'd like to run a couple of new circuits to my tank. There's room on my panel, but I'm not up to the task of installing new breakers (besides, isn't it against regs to DIY?)

    Anyway, does anyone know of a cheap and reliable electrician in the Orleans area?

    Thanks,

    Jerry

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    33
    I used a guy this summer named JC for my initial set-up. He ran a bunch of lines for me and installed some GFIs and regular outlets. www.jcelectric.ca He's out your way. Probably not the cheapest (I did not compare his rates to others), but he was highly recommended and reliable. I'll pay a few more bucks to have it done right the first time.
    120g Display + 40g Sump/Refugium; Vertex In-250; 2xMP40w with battery BU; 2x250w HQI LumenMax Elite w/ 14K bulbs; IceCap ballasts; 6x24w Aqua Medic T5s w/ 420/460nm lamps; Mag 12 Return; Dual BRS GFO and Carbon Reactor; 2xPeristaltic dosing pumps for two-part


  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    612
    Quote Originally Posted by Rybren View Post
    I'd like to run a couple of new circuits to my tank. There's room on my panel, but I'm not up to the task of installing new breakers (besides, isn't it against regs to DIY?)

    Anyway, does anyone know of a cheap and reliable electrician in the Orleans area?

    Thanks,

    Jerry
    I'm not sure about cheap. But for quality, try Glenn who owns Copperhead Electric. He's based out of Orleans, and he's a technical diver.
    120g AGA~145 lbs Haitian LR~DA Reef Keeper 2 Controller~Dual 14k 250 DE MH's~Dual Overflows~Dual 250w Jager Heaters~Dual 96W Actinics~30g Sump/Refugium~Mag 12 Return~140 lbs Reefgrade Caribsea Aragonite~BubbleKing 180 Skimmer~Phosban Reactor~GEO Kalk Reactor~Powerheads:MP40w/Seio 820/modified Powersweep 270 with Hydor rotating deflector~Digital lighting timer for moon/fuge lighting~7 stage RODI filtration~Quarantine: modified 12.5g Marineland Eclipse

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcupinepuffer View Post
    I'm not sure about cheap. But for quality, try Glenn who owns Copperhead Electric. He's based out of Orleans, and he's a technical diver.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I've give him a call and see what he says.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashTack View Post
    I used a guy this summer named JC for my initial set-up. He ran a bunch of lines for me and installed some GFIs and regular outlets. www.jcelectric.ca He's out your way. Probably not the cheapest (I did not compare his rates to others), but he was highly recommended and reliable. I'll pay a few more bucks to have it done right the first time.

    Thanks. I'll give them a call as well.

    BTW, I could have sworn that your post just popped up out of nowhere.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    33
    Yeah. I posted my response right after your question, but because I'm not a heavy user and included a URL the moderators held the message for a few days, likely to make sure the site was legit. Good luck with the lines.

Similar Threads

  1. PSI in Orleans
    By StephG in forum Water Quality
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-22-2015, 01:54 PM
  2. Any Cheato in Orleans?
    By reefmania in forum Reef Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-11-2008, 11:30 PM
  3. Anyone an electrician?
    By Krugar in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-09-2006, 11:55 PM
  4. Electrician or large appliance repair guy question ???
    By One Salty Dog in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 04:27 AM
  5. Lf Licenced Electrician Ottawa
    By john rock in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-25-2005, 02:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •