YAR - Car Magnets

Welcome to Krugar's "Yet another Rant" service. Today's Rant will be on idiot automobile operators needing thier private bits seperated from thier bodies. Do you know of one? Join in the rant

So I really need to take the flipping magnets out of my G37. I don't know why I get to be so lucky this week, but I swear if my luck doesn't improve somebody is going to end up in a world of pain. Probably me.

Anway, Sunday while unloading groceries I had the first HOLY CRAP WTF!? moment. Seems some asshat removed a streak of paint from the drivers side bumber & didn't stick around to own up to it. $750 to fix and two days in a rental. Don't get me wrong, Altima's are an okay car, but it's not my car.

You'd think everything would be fine? Naw this is Krugar level luck. Monday night the truck in front of me didn't have functional stone guards. My wife almost made a mess in the passenger seat when the rock hit the windshield, but we couldn't see anything wrong...

Until the next afternoon. 6" and growing crack in the windscreen. I'm sure they wouldn't notice that when I return it to Enterprise? Yeah. $350 for a new windscreen and and extra day rental. No I didn't get the extra insurance, I'd never needed it before. Maybe I'll reconsider that next time.

So I've got my G37x back and I'm driving down the highway in Gatineau to Alymer... Some complete asshat runs the red while I'm going through the intersection at roughly 90km/h. I now completely love Infiniti's brakes, and its ability to emergency stop. I'm sure somebody would be dead if I'd been in my Grand Prix. It's the closest near miss I've ever been in, to the point of me checking the front of the car with a flash light in total disbelief. I was sure we had to have at least touched.

Anyone want the magnets in my car? I'm looking to get rid of them ASAP. Cheap!

Cheers!
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

ijo
    WOW krugar... looks like you had a rough week!!! I'm not sure someone will be able to top that one!! (fyi... those magnets only last for 3 events)

IJO

liv
    wow... you got lucky on your last event !

I was vandalised 3 times on the corolla in the last 5months.
    first was someone rear ended us while my car was parked and we were outside of it.. he backed up in the car solid... bumper paint on the ground.. guy left with no traces or notes.

then this fall, some guy keyed the right side of the car, from front to back.

then at holloween, some guy made a huge bump by the rear window right side pillar.. like 5feet off the ground.. either with an elbow, shoulder or knees.. no idea... I think it was kids.. and they probebly climbed the roof ??

how many k's in damage on my poor little car.. i dont know.
    I didn't get any repairs done.. i'm running it as is.

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

i'm too scared to say anything, don't want to jinx myself.........
    `

120S RR tank with 60G basement sump / fuge

Return Pump: Little Giant 4-MDQX SC
    Water Movement: MP40W, Seio 1500, (2) Hydor K4's
    Lighting: 400W SE MH with 10K Venture
    Skimmer: Euro-Reef RS250 with gate valve
    Other: RODI, RDSB, PO4/AC reactor

My Gallery

Did you go after the person who ran the red light and let them know they could have killed somebody?
    120g AGA~145 lbs Haitian LR~DA Reef Keeper 2 Controller~Dual 14k 250 DE MH's~Dual Overflows~Dual 250w Jager Heaters~Dual 96W Actinics~30g Sump/Refugium~Mag 12 Return~140 lbs Reefgrade Caribsea Aragonite~BubbleKing 180 Skimmer~Phosban Reactor~GEO Kalk Reactor~Powerheads:MP40w/Seio 820/modified Powersweep 270 with Hydor rotating deflector~Digital lighting timer for moon/fuge lighting~7 stage RODI filtration~Quarantine: modified 12.5g Marineland Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by Porcupinepuffer View Post
    Did you go after the person who ran the red light and let them know they could have killed somebody?
    No - my daughter was in the car and, I'm mellowing out in my old age I might have gone to have a "conversation" with him earlier, but to be honest, I'm just happy nobody did get hurt.

Cheers!
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.