Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deck Idea's

ijo

Deck Idea's

We recently purchased a new home and are looking into building a deck in the back. We have a few idea's but nothing locked in just yet.

I'm looking for idea's (with lots of pics!!!). If you have a deck style or an image of a deck you think I might be interested in... please share!!

IJO

liv
    I'll start this with mine:
    These pics are from early last year, deck looks better now.. Ill take some more pics this am.

I dont have the hanging lights anymore.. LOL.. and replaced it with 2 suspended lights from the ceiling instead.
    also replaced the curtain holders for aluminium ones and added a spa and an extension around the spa with a wood trap to hide the chemicals etc from the kids.

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

ijo
    Awesome deck liv!!! love the curtains... great accent

liv
    ya.. We love them too.. on a calm night, having dinner with the curtains closed in its awesome also cuts some of the noise from the city.

here's some pics taken just now:

ijo
    Looks awesome!

I just noticed the fire pit in the back yard.... nice!! I didn't think we were able to have them in Gatineau. This changes everything... hehehe

IJO

liv
    shuch dear, you'll wreck daddy's fun!

this should be a backyard thread lol...

great pics liv... beautiful.

I think having railings made of glass are beautiful, also if you can get a water fall or some type of water treatment that would be pretty cool as well... i think liv has an awesome idea with covering it as well (not sure how much of a hassle that is) but it would be worth it, sitting under there in the rain would be awesome i bet...

are you set on making a deck? what about interloc or something like that? do you have a big backyard?

ijo
    Pretty set on a deck.... the wife wants to be off the ground(away from the critters... lol)

IJO

liv
    yes, we eat outside all summer long, even it the pouring rain, as long as its warm enough its just breathtaking !

now if I could only find a large lot on the shore lines to build a similar setup I'd be in heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by jblan075 View Post
    this should be a backyard thread lol...

great pics liv... beautiful.

I think having railings made of glass are beautiful, also if you can get a water fall or some type of water treatment that would be pretty cool as well... i think liv has an awesome idea with covering it as well (not sure how much of a hassle that is) but it would be worth it, sitting under there in the rain would be awesome i bet...

are you set on making a deck? what about interloc or something like that? do you have a big backyard?

liv
    if you can,
    make it the entire back of the house, plan a spot for a spa if your thinking that way. run some hydro on gfci's and if your building a roof, get some hydro outside with a switch inside.

skip the 5/4 deck boards, they warp, and wabble, stick with 2x6's. if you want a smoother 2x6, run a router on the sides. make sure you threat all the cuts with the pressure threated product so its safe all around. if you plan to stain it in a red color, do not use green deck screws, take the ones for cedar which are rust/red colored. no nails anywhere.

I could go on... LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast