Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello again. It's been a while!!!

Hey guys. I don't know if anyone remembers me. lol It's been a long time. I got out of the hobby/addiction about 3 yrs ago. At that time I lived in New Brunswick. Now were (Meagan{Wife} and I{Mike})are living in Edmonton. But were posted again. (Yes military) Were posted to OTTAWA. Woo Hoo. I've always wanted to live there and were really excited. Not to mention everything fish related is so much cheaper!!!
    Like I said earlier i've been out for a while and I don't know whats "hot" now with regards to lights, sumps and pumps. For that matter everything related to fishies. Just as I was getting out the maxi-jet mods were pretty popular and solaras (Or something like that) lighting was making it's way into the hobby. They were super expensive. Gee's I don't really know what else to say.
    Oh I guess I should start throwing around some ideas with regards to equip that i'm thinking about. Going to keep it pretty general. I'm think a tank at least 180G. I'm going to be going with a sump and skimmer. I don't know how i'm going to configure it this time. Last time I had the sump and skimmer in the basement of our house. Now we don't have a house yet in Ottawa but should have one in a month or two. My last tank I had Lifereef and they treated me pretty well. Are they still on the market? Also an aqua controller as well because I'm going to be away a fair bit. (on a side note the wife is going to be home alot and likes fish just as much as I do) I had a ACII before and I liked it alot.
    So guys start throwing out ideas and things that worked for ya!!
    I'm super glad to be back. This is such a great website with great people.
    Cheers,
    Mike
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

Welcome Back

Yes, I remember you . You had quite a few postings. My hometown was Edmonton !! Good luck with the new set up.

ijo
    Welcome back Mike... its been a while but I'm sure many will still remember you. hehe.

As for lighting... LED is still a pretty hot topic with plasma being the next big player. (liv is interested in one of these plasma setups).

IJO

Plasma for what?? Lights? Gee's things have changed alot. lol

I have a plasma cutter at work. lol
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

liv
    Hey Mike, Ya.. I remember you

lighting, if you can, get plasma. else, i'd stick with T5's only now.
    ( with t5's hitting insane numbers these days, no point in metal halides or LED ) look for ATI setups. I believe fishtail; one of our sponsors carries the entire chain.

circulation, get mp40w's :b2:

CTC overflow is best, going to a large sump where skimmer will be sitting.

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

A reefer has returned, Hi Mike, it's great getting back into the hobby! I too left for a while because of an incident involving my skimmer. You can never stay away for long and I've been building together a 180G display and all the equipment that goes with. Already certain things I've recently acquired are being built better and need/want to be upgraded,lol. Things are getting better here in NB with the addition of a few new LFS. I betcha things are alot better where your headed, Good Luck to you and Meagan on the move and build. Don't forget to post with pics, as I will be following along!
    I live in a mail-order town!!!
    If you don't feel like standing behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Well i'm in Ottawa to try and find a place to live. Well actually were looking for a rental till our house sells in Edmonton. Almost got taken today. Guy had a "rental" up for rent and we replied to it. It was very much just like all the other properties up for rent. We were just about to send the money to him but I wanted to investigate it a little more. To find out it was a scam. Almost out $650.00 Gee's thats some good fish equipment!!! LOL
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

ijo
    wow... close call!!!

Have you tried across the river? There should be many places for rent in Hull or Aylmer. I would stay away from Gatineau if your working in Ottawa... traffic during rush hour is crazy. (there's really only one way in and out... HWY 50)

IJO

Aylmer is awesome when you work in ottawa
    300g reef system

liv
    yup.. just minutes from the bridge.. at the right time of day ( 6-7ish ) takes me 25min to work downtown ottawa from aylmer.
    lol.. let me know if your looking for a beautiful house with an already built fish tank LOL

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast