Fish With Character And Their Crazy Fish Tales

So here's an interesting fish tale for you. My bottom feed dilemma.

I'm currently running a 90 gal freshwater tank with 2 tinfoil barbs in it and they are total characters. They love the sinking food for the bottom feeders and I've been hiding it in a log they don't fit into so the bottom feeders can get it. Well someone decided he could fit and somehow got himself stuck half in the log and I had to pick it up and push him out. Lost a few scales on that one. I have a picture I tried to upload but couldn't.

Neither of them got stuck in there again but they still figured out how to get the food. They figured out that they could wait for my ID Shark to go in and eat the pellets and when he came out if they chased him around he'd poop out the pellets undigested. Must be some kind of survival mechanism the shark has (he also plays dead which I have a picture of). But they'd wait for him to go in the log and eat the pellets and then chase him around and he'd poop them out like a pez dispenser.

Finally, I tried getting these algae discs that were too big for them to eat and they would pick them up and swim full speed to the other side of the tank, run into the glass and literally ram it down their own throats. I wish I'd taken video, they swim back and forth smacking into the glass at the sides until they get the algae discs in.

Fish With Character And Their Crazy Fish Tales-dscn1173.jpg

Here's a pic of my shark playing dead. He didn't like it when I'd vacuum by the tank so he'd flip over on his back and play dead.

Fish With Character And Their Crazy Fish Tales-p3100096.jpgFish With Character And Their Crazy Fish Tales-p3100104.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tinsar View Post
    Here's a pic of my shark playing dead. He didn't like it when I'd vacuum by the tank so he'd flip over on his back and play dead.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3100096.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	422.7 KB 
ID:	1937Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3100104.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	495.5 KB 
ID:	1938
    Lol he's like "you're killing me with all this cleaning!"