Think my printer needs therapy

I fixed the other probs with the slow comp and am getting another 512 ddr ram to top it off. Thanks for all the advise.
    But now my printer is going stupid!!!:banghead:
    It's still all under a 5year warranty so I can return it, but before I give it up for a week, I want to know if it's me or the printer.
    I was trying to print of some pics last night and the first pic came out ok, and after that all the rest turned out saturated in red. I hadn't touched or changed anything. The inks ok, no colors have run out or anything. I use the genuine cartridges. Tried the test printer option etc.
    I then went to photoshop and had a little tinker and produced some unsightly pink flooded pics. Of which I now have to remember how to undo (oops)
    The printers not a year old and I've not had this problem before. It's an Epson Stylus.
    Any ideas why suddenly everythings red? Or is it back to the store?

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    It could be a couple of things...

1) Bad cartridge, not making contact with the cartridge holder. Try taking the cartridge out and re-seating it. Another option is changing the cartridge itself..

2) Dirty/clogged jets. I'm sure the printer driver has a maintenance section that will allow you to clean the jets out. Try that.

3) The electronic side of the print cartridge (gold lines that make contact with the cartridge holdre) may be dirty, try a little rubbing alcohol on a qtip there and on the cartridge holder side.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Thanks
    I'll try the rubbing alcohol, and and re-seating it. I've already done the maintenance and trouble shooting options.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."

Fixed.
    re-seated the ink and voila!!!!
    What a genius, I love logic. (Can I buy logic???)

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    :thumb:
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

funny how at times we can run a whole reef, but cant even get a printer to work.
    Albert
    My Photos