Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

newbie (well to this site at least) saying hello

hello.

(haha!)

just wanted to say hello to everyone, i usually go by ConanTheAquarian on other fishy boards (not that i'm on that many, but maybe someone will recognize that..) but the username here is one char short of that, and i see there's already a conan here (actually it was more the limited field that stopped me.. )

so yeah, i don't have a reef setup yet but am VERY strongly considering it... (i've read CMA by fenner and natural reef aquariums by tullock)

just stumbled across this site a few days ago, hey maybe this will be the start of something fun, i wanted to make sure (or to find out) if there was a group in ottawa where i'd be able to trade frags, fish, or whatever without having to totally rely on marinescape or big als....

anyway, (yes i'm long winded) hello again and hope to get to know ya'll a bit better in the future.

ps.. :guns: guns!! woohoo! haven't seen that one before!

hah.. just noticed i'm rated as 'bacteria'. guess we all have to start somewhere eh?

jeez and i thought working in a call center was degrading. is there anything lower? could i start as an amino acid or something? maybe a protein strand? lol

Welcome to the site j-roc. I'm sure you will find this to be a useful and informative place to gather information about your planed marine tank.
    Rob

Cool welcome

there is a forum called MASO here so check it out and we have a meeting coming up on the 29th of FEB.

Welcome !!

If you need info this is the best place to find it.. and good deals ordering throw AC!!

J Roc,
    [welcome2] to AquariaCanada.
    As Johnny already mentioned, there is MASO in Ottawa and you're not too far from Mtl. where there are many more of us ( myself included) that often trade/sell stuff. We're just one big happy family!!!!:group:

yes i've been thinking about going to that MASO meet, although there's no way i'm going to start my tank that soon, it may give me some ideas towards species i'd want to keep.. i've pretty much got the equipment stuff understood (lighting, filtration, water chem, etc) and am looking for info on coral / fish / invert compatibility and personality

What have you aquired so far with regards to setting up a tank?

BTW j-roc, I named my yellow watchman goby "bubbles".

i don't have any physical equipment yet, i've so far been arming myself with knowledge, but when the time is right, i'll get a tank, stand, planning a DIY lighting rig (i'm into computer case modding, so a lighting rig would be kewl) and have a source for distilled water. want to use instant ocean, it's done me good for my brackish puffer tank.

bubbles is my favorite character, but i'm more of a j-roc in spirit, hence the name. know-whut-m-sayynn???

any other TPB fans? i've got the first 2 seasons on 'poor man's dvd' at home

sorry, also should have included filter, sump, skimmer, plumbing, in the above parts list, although that kind of goes without saying, just wasn't thinking about it. engineering the system is going to be as fun (if not more fun) than maintaning the tank i think, i love putting stuff together and then fiddling with it, especially when there's real science behind what i'm doing (compared to messing with windows NT settings, and the like)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast