Saw Bowie in concert...

I saw David Bowie last night in concert and what a great show, he has a remarkable voice.
    I've noticed that after seeing the Stones and Elton John etc, the oldies.. That they don't use the 'stage extravaganzas' that the newer bands do, goes to show that good music doesn't need the trimming, the Iconic value and the great songs are enough to fill an arena many times.
    Oh, and the Stones were amazing, and Elton John was fantastic. The ticket prices were a bit exorbitant, $350 each for the Stones, $200 each for Bowie, Mind you they were good seats too. I wouldn't mind getting paid that for 2 hours.....
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Awesome,I'm sure it was a great show.Did he play his older stuff?He is one of the guys I've never got to see.I've seen 100's of live concerts.Stones 10 times,Greatfuldead 8.Pink Floyd 4.U2 3 times.Jimmy Buffett 3 times.You name it i pretty much seen every band,at least once.Where I'm from in this part of Canada,I have to mostly travel to Boston to see the big shows,but well worth the 7 hour drive,not to mention hundreds you pay from a ticket .

Rock on !!!!

Pluff
    Phins Up ^^^^^^^

"How I wish, how I wish you were here,
    We're just 2 lost souls sitting in a fish bowl,
    Year after year......."(Hope it was cycled!)
    Pink Floyd

my last big concert was in July in Las Vegas.Got to see Fleetwood mac.8 rows from the stage that was $250.00 US a ticket,but well worth it Nothing better that seeing Stevie nicks sing landslide up close

Cheers,

Pluff
    Phins Up ^^^^^^^

"How I wish, how I wish you were here,
    We're just 2 lost souls sitting in a fish bowl,
    Year after year......."(Hope it was cycled!)
    Pink Floyd

It's not worth going if you need binoculars, you may as well see it on TV....I usually sit in the first row or two on the floor or balcony.
    Yup he played the old stuff, he would not have had a pleasant time if he didn't, we go to hear the stuff we know. He played some new songs too and most were ok. He didn't play Space Oddity or Diamond dogs or DJ or Fame but who's counting. I think that they have so many hits that they couldn't fit their top 40 into a 2 hour show. I think we should petition them for a series over 2 nights so we get to hear all the favorites, and get our hundreds of dollars worth..
    I missed James Brown.....Do'h...
    I also went and saw Neil Diamond, and every woman there would have gone home with him, and he did all that daggy (not cool) stuff like the arm lift with the guitar, you know his 'pose' and I saw Queen the musical and it's is fantastic, I took my mom and she loved it, if it comes to the US or Canada, do your self a favor and see it. We'll never see Freddie again but the musicals great.
    The thing is if you don't see them now you might not get a chance, I think most are of pensionable age....
    My b/f produces TV and radio so some tickets are a bit cheaper, (Heh, Heh..) but not all. Amazingly some appear on his show and won't give freebies, and it's the top rating show in Oz. Chutzpah!!!
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."

Wow, Bowie... Saw him what, 20 years ago I think, the Serious Moonlight tour or something? With the Tubes and Peter Gabriel - what a show...

He must be getting on now...
    - Alan

Still looks good!!!! But then again so did Mick Jagger, and when did he ever really "look" good!!!!!

Hi Tiffany

My wife and I scored tickets in a luxury box (through my niece's company) for the David Bowie show April 2nd here in Ottawa. They only cost us $90 CDN, probably as a discount to workers at my niece's compnay. I have seen him once before, in Ottawa during the Glass Spider tour. That probably would have been at leat 10 years ago or more, and was outside at the football stadium. That was an absolutely awesome show, with a huge stage and lighting. You mentioned he has scaled down his approach this time. Any more details you wish to share? I am really looking forward to this show. F-A-M-E!!!!

He uses a simple stage, without the spectacular lighting etc, with a big screen at the back of the stage.
    He adds a few new songs (one too many IMHO, but that's too be expected) Over all, enjoy, I'm sure you will...It's a great show. He enjoys being on stage and talks a bit and makes bad jokes, (I guess a great music man can't be a great comic, but it's still endearing....)
    With the legendary groups etc, they are at the height of "Iconic status", and they don't need all the trimmings the "newer" bands do..The Stones and elton John had similarly un-garnished sets and all were fantastic.
    Oh, he didn't sing fame......:bawling: