Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ijo

Experience with PDA's

I'm lookingf or some advice... I'm getting myself a PDA... been looking at teh Tungsten T3 from Palm or the iPaq 2210/2215 from HP. Does anyone own one? your thoughts? would you buy another? What will i need it for you ask? I would like to rule the world!! I want power!!!

IJO

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Both are very nice, however you have to consider that one use's the PALM OS, while the other uses WindowsCE.

Having seen both, I would probably go with the iPaq just because of the fact that it runs Windows... being that 80% of everything else out there runs windows, you're not limiting yourself or having to use ported software or converters.

Just my 2 cents.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Stewart has the HP 2210. He loves it! He had another one based on the Palm OS for about 30 days before he wanted to upgrade. Like TangMan said, using a Windows OS makes it a lot easier doing html with hot links. You can use a Windows dbase (Access) without jumping through a lot of loops to convert things. The display is easy to read in a factory setting.

The only down side that we have found - we took the display model since that was the last one in the store. It didn't have a stylus. The store gave us a generic one that didn't quite fit the slot correctly. No local store carried the HP stylus. We ended up ordering them from HP.

Vickie

PS If you have specific questions, PM and I'll get him to answer them. He doesn't let me get my hands on it so I don't know much about it. LOL

ijo
    thanks TM and Vickie... I was leaning towards the T# but am happy I asked the question here... I really liked the lcd on the T3 but don't want to get into conversion tools(uuggg thats got to be the worse job after networking) lol

IJO

ijo
    ohh here's a question Vickie... how often does he charge it?

Ivan, he uses it at work - a 12 hour shift and then slips it into the charger (along with the walkie talkie) as he comes in the door. He has gone 4 shifts without re-charging but he may only use it 1 to 2 hours per shift.

When we drove to Ottawa the first time, we used a map program and had no problems - it would have been on or in standby for about 5 hours.

As you know, it all depends upon what you do with it. Another person where he works, plays music with it. He discharges the battery faster than Stewart looking up things in his database.

Vickie

I tried the HP, and ended up with a Sony Clie. No issues working it with my Windows XP host PC and MS Office, and Outlook. I have the SJ33 and also listen to MP3s on it. Great rig!

ijo
    has anyone tried the T3? you would think palm figured out how to make it work with windows smoothly by now... I just can't get over the bigger screen and landscape option.

IJO

Hi Ivan I own a palm M505 and upgraded to the T3 since November.This model is great and its windows compatible.I can do so much with it when it comes to work.our whole pricelist 2000 SKU`S is in it in excel,it has a PDA reader,a media player and so much more.No more pictures of the family in a wallet getting destroyed just store it in your Palm.

The Desktop software is fully compatible with other programs all you do is install the conduits and presto the transfer is done from your old Agenda ,Email ect..
    Also The Landscape screen option is great.a very versatile ans Handy tool for work

HTH
    HTH

ReefSalt

Before you buy anything......Read and Research .

Setup:
    265 gl SPS Reef. AquaScape Marco Rock 150lbs ( Upgrading to a 300gl Deep Dimension)
    Ecotech Radion Pro x 4 & Ecotech ReefLink
    Decante 75g
    Pompe de Remonte PCX55
    Reef Octopus SRO-5000SSS
    Reacteur Sulphur H&S Pour Nitrate
    2x Phosban 550

Frag Tank:
    Perfect0 45 cube sur le system central
    Totoka LR 50lb
    Radion Gen2
    Vortech MP10W

I just have a lowly little PalmIIIxe, so I have no personal experience with either....but I've been shopping for an upgrade and the HP is consistantly rated higher in comparisson tests.
    James...

"Knowing is half the battle!" ~ G.I. JOE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast