ijo

Rent DVD Movies?

If anyone is familiar with NetFlix... I have just found the Canadian version.

What are they about? simple... for 24.99 a month... you rent as many DVD movies as you want(3 at any one time) all through Canada Post and they pay the shipping.... best of all.. they are located in Ottawa...

To give you an idea of how fast they are... I signed up on Sunday... added 20 or so movies to my cue... they shipped me 3 of them on Monday and I got them today(Tuesday).

Its not aquarium related but I figured members might be intersted... They currently have a 2 week free trial. Click http://www.zip.ca for more info... AC is one of their affiliates... if you decide to sign up.. AC will get a small referal bonus....

I'm not sure what we will do with the refferals.. but if there are enough of us who sign up... maybe we can order a few large corals and frag them out between us. :idea:

IJO

ijo
    They have just increased the 3 dvd rentals at a time to 4... crazy stuff... so far I am quite happy with thier service.... has anyone else tried them? thoughts?

I think blockbuster will have to do something about these guys or take huge rental loses.

IJO

liv
    dvd-r it and build a library he he he

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

I was thinkin the same thing!-I have dvd writer on my computer!

liv
    well.. then dvdshrink.com is for you
    super easy, super fast and only takes what u tell it to.

it uses nero's api tools.. so nero must be installed before installing this.

enjoy

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

Hey Liv...I'm pretty sure that DVDShrink will burn with any burning software, you know, for people that prefer Alcohol 120%...not that I know anything about this, nor condone it

Pretty good software though!!
    Keep passing the open windows!

We have always copied our original CD's and played the copies. This eliminates scratched/lost CD's. We have just bought a DVD burner to do this with our movies (the boys want to lend them to their friends and we don't always get them back). Here is a forum that answers questions on this - http://club.cdfreaks.com/index.php?s= Here is a recent review of various copy programs http://www.dvd-copy-software-review.com/

Vickie

I was mostly joking...mostly, how the law works on this is you can make a copy of any digital media (ie CD's) for backup in case you damage your original...any digital media except DVD's, to the best of knowledge, you can't copy these for any reason...that's why DVD's have copy protection SW that has to be cracked to be copied. But, like I said, I know nothing!! :-)
    Keep passing the open windows!

Anything that is copy prove is only copy prove to the general public .. There seems to be people who are able to copy, rip, alter etc .... anything.
    Rob

Ummm I know nothing about copying DvD's either!!!
    Alcohol 120% is awesome!!! errrr but then again it might be the alcohol that attracts me =P

Tic
    Any darn fool can make something complex; it takes a genius to make something simple