Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What's the most embarrassing thing you've done?

About a month ago I went with my boyfriend to a 'hall of fame induction' for a football club invitation only...
    My boyfriends rather "big" in the football world and I have no interest in it...absolutely none!
    So when all the car-parks at the Venue were full, including valet, I trotted of like the real little "princess" that I am, and I went up to this man in a black suit, (as valet attendants wear), and waited frustratingly as he took what I thought was tickets for parking collection, and demanded parking from him, as a "princess' would!
    Problem was that he wasn't taking tickets, he was signing football cards, and was one of the 'more' prominent players, and to top it off, on my boyfriends team.........
    My boyfriend said I was always a twit and not to worry...
    btw, I got my parking.....

Stupid act number 2_
    Was at a major shopping mall and was looking for the books section for a gift, and couldn't find it. I thought I saw a guy with a name tag on, and he smiled at me, as staff do, so I walked up and asked to be directed to the books section, told him that I didn't have alot of time, and he would walk me there.
    You guessed it. It was a good friend I hadn't see for a few years, who remembered me, which is why he smiled.
    I got the walk to the books section!!!!!

Stupid act number 3_
    Second day of new job, asked fat lady when she was due.
    Need I go on???
    And no she didn't have a sense of humor!:
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Hmmm, so am I the only one to admit to embarrassing moments????
    Come on, post them, we're all friends here!!!!
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."

I have had embarrassing moments - I just can't remember any right now. LOL They are the best kind - forgotten by all!!!

Vickie

I'm with Vickie on that one, it would take a couple of hours at the pub before I start coughing up those stories...and even thenint:

But don't let my shyness stop you other folks from sharing!!!
    Keep passing the open windows!

We've all done stupid things and I bet I top the list but the less said the better.........just let it be known that your stories are probably mild compared to some stupid stuff you could hear so don't feel bad.

I walked into a CTC store with my brother many years ago and being that we were in the middle of my work day we was in a hurry. We needed some self locking nylon lined nuts to fix a broken tool that was badly needed to finish an install. The place was not busy but as usual there was no staff to be seen and we could not fine these parts. I wondered if they even carried them.
    I finally found a employee who was in a the middle of serving someone else so we waited at a polite distance. After about 10 minutes I decided to as politely as possible interrupt to ask the quick question.... once eye contact was made I blurted it out ... YOU GOT SUPER NUTS ??? LOL LOL LOL ... As so as it was out of my mouth I realized that he had NO IDEA what I was talking about and he turned beat red ... My brother had already burst out laughing and had run away. I think i was turning red as well so I had to leave as I could not contain myself. It was very funny and embarrassing. OH ... and they are called "super nuts" by some manufactures
    Rob

I did something similar.
    After catching about 20 crabs in the tank over a couple of years, and finally thinking that I'd seen the last of them, I saw another, and was unsuccessful in catching it.
    Then later when shopping with my boyfriend, (the same long suffering one!) in a busy store somewhere, I blurted out, "Honey, I've got crabs again, and it seems as though I'll never get get rid of them, I might wait until it's dark, and use a screw driver to pick it off!"
    The staff and customers gave me look that I'd never seen before.
    My b/friend very kindly told me that even though I know what I'm talking about, others may not, and it may be an idea not to tell the world I have crabs....

I recently walked into the mall to meet my wife at a toy store where she was keeping our kids occupied till I showed up. As I aproached the store I could see the back of my 7 yr old son's head as he was sitting on a mall bench facing the store. I went up behind him, put my hands over his eyes, said "guess who" and kissed him on the top of his head. I quickly realized it wasn't my son! You should have seen this kids face. He ran into the store to find his mom and I quickly followed to appologize and explain how I thought he was my son. As it turned out, they not only had the same hair cut and both wearing a jean jacket... he had the same name. I now make sure I know who I'm sneaking up on.

An author friend of mine wrote a great book about embarrassing moments. It's called 'Comfort the Feeble-Minded... Consolation for people who do dumb things.' It's hilarious! Here's one of my favorite stories from the book:

In San Diego in the late 1980's, a man named Tony visited an old people's home and began speaking with an elderly lady. As he talked, he helped himself to peanuts from a jar at the side of the old woman's chair.

After some time, he asked the woman if she would like a peanut. She replied, "Oh, I can't eat the things dear. I just suck the chocolate off and drop them in a jar beside my chair."

The book can be found here http://www.livingwaters.com/Merchant...ory_Code=Books

Hah, Hah

I never do anything embarassing, that I can post here anyway, but my wife wanted to make breakfat for me one morning and asked what I would like. I said a fried egg sandwich. She went into the kitchen and proceeded to make it for me. A while went by, and no breakfast, so I went into the kitchen to see what she was doing. She said: "It's taking longer than I expected." I looked in the frying pan, and she had put a piece of bread on the bottom of the pan, broke an egg on it, and covered it with another piece of bread. She was trying to fry the egg through the bread. The funny thing is she really is a good cook.

We had my family over for supper one night, and made ribs with a sauce to go with them. Everybody raved over how good supper was. Eventually my brother had to disagree. He couldn't understand why everyone though it was so good, and the sauce was just awful. It turned out he had gone into the kitchen to get some sauce, and took what was in the pan. Unfortunately for him, my wife had emptied all the sauce, and was soaking the pan with soapy water, and that was what he had eaten.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast