Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lfs sells LR for 16.99 a pnd.

I just moved to fredericton nb and there is 1 store that sells saltwater stuff,pets unlimited.They have 4 rocks,and ugly rock too,And they sell that for 16.99 a pound....I've seen some stores that rip people off but this tops everything!!!!

woah! maybe that extra 1 is there by mistake and it should really be 6.99/pound. Did you ask someone there to be sure. If i were you i would straight out say "listen, i would love to give you my business, but i can buy LR online for 6.99/pound, but there is no way i would be able to buy it from you unless you match those prices" then see what he says. at least he will realize that you're not an idiot and wont be willing to get ripped off by him.
    Albert
    My Photos

Welcome back to the Maritimes ! Pets are the worst in every aspect of the pet industry as far as cost ! The best so far to deal I would have to say is Aquarium Moncton. If your ever up for a group buy theres a few around that might be interested ! It's to bad we couldn't have one store in the central part of the province, a really excellant store because I'd be willing to travel to see what I'm buying! Calling all N.B.ers if anyone knows of one, let us know !
    I live in a mail-order town!!!
    If you don't feel like standing behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Were are you from?my sister lives in moncton and i am sure to go often..so either we go for a drive al together or i get the stuff for you and you pick it up at my house...were is that aquarium moncton?
    Derik...

the guys said at the store sorry icant make the prcies but i will go see the manager...anyhow there rocks are ugly..but i will go there and try to deal it and get like 1 pounds....lol just for the fun of it and put that rock in the back were no one can see it
    Derik...

Most of their LR is dead and how much do you pay for such poor quality. If they were really into it for the hobby and bothered to see actual LR of good quality , they would bury their heads in the sand. Preferably at the bottom of their tanks ! Aquarium Moncton is in a strip mall right across from Champlain place, take the little street with Tim Hortons and Deluxe XXXX and chips[sorry guys,lol]
    If you don't feel like standing behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!!

I thought fredericton pets unlimited tore down their saltwater system, i remember a few months back when the pets unlimited in saint john (where i am ) got a bunch of crap live rock in and they said it was from fredericton.
    The pets unlimited in saint john sells it for 12.99 a lb but i never pay that, a good friend of mine works there and gives out good deals normally, even the manager may give you a good deal (allthough the managers idea of a good deal is 11$/lb)
    I think its ridiculous when i know for a fact they pay 4$/lb from marine enchantment in onatario.
    I recently ordered some from ivan, and it was wicked live rock and still cheaper after shipping then what i would have paid from petsunlimited,
    Mark
    50 Gal SPS/LPS Mixed Reef
    25 Gal Fuge
    Neptune Aquacontroller
    Pro Cal Calcium Reactor
    Acrylic City Kalk Reactor
    Euroreef CS6-3 Skimmer
    2x175W MH 1x250W MH 2x65W Actinics

Now I warn you it's small scale compared to bigger cities but the best(placed sigh of frustration here) we have around . The guy who owns it seems nice enuf and is into more than just fish as the other pet stores seem to be. Also he's willing to order if you've got something in mind!

Hi Mark ! another fellow reefer from the N.B. area , our numbers are growing! All we need is a really good store !

lol and as far as moncton goes , i was up there the other day and i wanted to buy a red mushroom rock from their tank, these were red mushrooms that had all grown onto the rock, not a rock that they had ordered in, i offered the guy 80$ which was a generous offer becuase i could have gotten the same rock from jl for 50$, then he got his manager who stared at the rock blindly for about 20 minutes, whispered something to the emplyee then walked away, the employee said i couldn't let it go for less then 150$, that frustrated me to no end, i dont' think i will ever buy from there again, i offered them 80$ for a rock with red mushroom frags that had grown on to it, they didn't even have to go to the work of putting them on it themselvers, and they tried to rip me off and get 150$
    So much for pet stores supporting the local hobby
    Mark
    50 Gal SPS/LPS Mixed Reef
    25 Gal Fuge
    Neptune Aquacontroller
    Pro Cal Calcium Reactor
    Acrylic City Kalk Reactor
    Euroreef CS6-3 Skimmer
    2x175W MH 1x250W MH 2x65W Actinics

Mark was that at Aquarium Moncton, I know their a mom & pop outfit but haven't been up in a while !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast