Anyone been to MarineLand?

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading this site for a few months now and just recently joined your little community. You know, doing some research into moving from FW to SW and trying to read as much as I can.

Awesome site btw.

I was wondering if anyone has been to Marine Land in Niagara Falls? I know they have petting zoos, shows and rides but I was wondering if they had large tropical fish / reef tanks to see as well? Might plan a day trip there with the kids this summer.

For those who have been there what can I look forward too and what is a must see?

Thanks,

Scott
    Oh my that's expensive :canadian: oof:

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Been there a few years ago.

It's actually a nice place. The coaster is fun, and the lines weren't bad at all.

You'll want to be in line EARLY for the whale petting areas. Once they get a predetermined amount of people, they close it off to the rest until the next time slot.

They're also in the process of building the world's largest aquarium complex. With one of the attractions being a Carribean reef!

http://www.marinelandcanada.com/attr...edevelopments/
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Thanks Tangman.

Looks like the kids will enjoy it. Wish the aquarium complex would be completed. Three 1million gal aquariums... Wow. I'll be sure that the kids get to the petting area early.

Scott

ijo
    [welcome]

Welcome to AC Scott!!

I have never been there but it does sound interesting. Please give us an update once you get back(when are you planning on heading down?)

IJO

I'm thinking mid to the end of July. It is only about 1 1/2hrs away and I commute more than that every day so it's not a big deal. I'm looking forward to it. I'll let you know some of the interesting things I see and maybe post some pictures.

liv
    i did'nt see a date for the opening of the new complex.. wish it was this summer.. i'd definitly go there.. take a million pics.

moving.. so temporarily out of SW :b8:
    planning next tank, possibly 60x30x20 on 2x plasma.
    updated: 2011/05/30

Hi Scott, We've been there and it is fun. The best days to go are a Thursday or Friday,and go early. The crowds are smaller those days as most people travel those days. Friday nights in Niagra Falls there is a big fireworks diplay right by the Falls.:thumb: